ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Disc warp?

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
I recently changed my front discs and pads and the cars felt a bit shakey under breaking since then. One disc looks fine but on the drivers side part of the disc looks more shiney than the rest. I fitted them correctly, is it possible the new disc could be warped? They weren't expensive to say the least - £20 a disc from local car shop. Maybe i should have waited untill i could afford better ones but they did need doing badly at the time.

Any ideas ppl?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Take the disc off, clean the hub and disc so its completely dirt free. Then lie the disc down on something completely flat, like a granite worktop or a marble fireplace and check its not warped.

Thats what i'd do. It sounds as though the disc is not sitting flush.

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Yeah thats an idea. its been on a few months now though so im probably gonna need new discs an pads because of uneven wear right?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If they've been on a while then i would change them yeah. Better to be safe than sorry with brakes mate!!

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
yeah, i'll take a look 1st to put my mind at rest. Gonna have to put some thought into a decent set of discs an pads next then. Any recomendations? (Not enough £££ for brembo/4 pot route though)