ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Disc conversion brake balance

Dacia Logan 1.6 16v
I'm thinking that when converting a car to rear disc brakes, the volume of the rear pistons changes (more volume on the drums than on the discs). Doesn't this screw up with the brake balance? If so, is there any way to change the brake balance on the ABS equipped Clio 2?

Dacia Logan 1.6 16v
Maybe if I explain this in more detail :)
I have a Dacia Logan which is build with Clio 2 parts. The brake brake setup is as follows (with ABS):
Front: 259mm vented discs (identical to Clio 2 1.6 16v)
Rear: drums (a bit larger than the ones on the Clio 2)

I'm looking to increase the power of the car so better brakes are a must.
I've got two setups in mind:
1. All-around Clio2 RS brakes
2. Front 300mm conversion: Scenic discs and bigger calipers
Rear Clio 2 disc brakes

I know a couple of Logan owners who changed the rear brakes from drums to discs on their ABS equipped cars but had problems with brake balance, i.e. their rear wheels would lock up too soon and even with the ABS controlling the situation, the car would be unstable when braking and turning at the same time.

Is this something that would usually happen to a Clio 2 when doing a rear disc conversion? If so, is there any way to change brake balance?