ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Disappointed with current crop of headunits...

Mk2 Golf GTI
Anyone bought one recently? If so what did you get? I'm looking for a high quality unit but dont wanna spend rediculous amounts.

I wanted to pick up a Pioneer DEH-P77MP or a DEH-P8600MP only to find they've both been discontinued! Haven't looked for ages but when i finally want one i cant get it...

The only one that slightly stirs my interest at the moment is the Alpine DVA-9861Ri but i cant be arsed to run wires from the battery and it's about £50 more than i wanted to spend.

Mk2 Golf GTI
K

kevr182

spirez said:
£180!!!

Hmmm, is this the same person you bought yours off? I'll get one for that price if you can back it up as being legit.

Does the radio tune in to UK frequencies?

yeah mine tunes in fine:D

Mk2 Golf GTI
The Bear said:
I read that the screen is very crap quality.

I went a demo'd it in Halfords and thought the quality was pretty damn good!

Text was a bit blurred so wouldnt fancy watching a subtitled movie though. To be honest i dont think i'll get it as i'd rarely, if ever watch movies on it. If it's not parked up at work or home then i'm driving around so probably wont bother.

Other alternatives i'm looking at are the

Alpine DVA-9861Ri (DVD Audio and full speed ipod control)
JVC KD-SHX751
JVC KD-SHX851

Thing that pisses me off about the Alpine is the lack of the biolite screen, that really ruins it for me.

The 9850Ri is a nice unit but i think i'll eventually need more than 1 preout and again, would like a biolite display for ID3 tags etc.