ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Disable data, 3G, GPRS

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
so i have a work sim card which i don't want to incur data charges on. No matter what i do the phone always manages to send and receive data. I've got 3G and data disabled on sbsettings and random cellular data profile yet it still works.

I'm going to abu dhabi on monday and other than putting the phone in plane mode how else can this be done?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
so i have a work sim card which i don't want to incur data charges on. No matter what i do the phone always manages to send and receive data. I've got 3G and data disabled on sbsettings and random cellular data profile yet it still works.

I'm going to abu dhabi on monday and other than putting the phone in plane mode how else can this be done?

Humn...I suppose it's more than likely that a jailbroken app could circumvent any of the options provided by apple or third parties to prevent cellular data.

If you're running iOS4 then you can't specifically disable all cellular data (as opposed to just roaming) in the network settings. There is a known bug where the phone will leak data while roaming even if you have the roaming option off, the new option in iOS4 should prevent this leakage happening.

Although it's a bit bizarre if it still works with a random cellular profile.

ph2 172
Yes it can still leak as I found out last month! I phoned t-mobile after turning everything off and having 512kb downloaded of cellular data over a month and they said because its a 3g sim and a 3g phone the sim will allways try and contact the network resulting in charges.

They ended up refunding the charges and placing a block on the account for mobile data.

Go cry to your momma!
I don't get how you still get charged..

Recently back from the states, I was there 3 weeks and didn't change a thing (left mobile data roaming off, just as it is by default)
I've not been charged a penny.

I've no idea what you guys are doing to end up getting charged..as revels says, take a different phone.

The only thing I'd say is turn off your voicemail otherwise you get charged for every divert.