ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dilemma Time

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
Right then peeps need some opinions.

Proper skint at the moment and need to raise a couple of grand fast. Thinking of possibly selling the 182 and buing an older 172 possibly ph1. Only thing is i have had my car since new and i love her! What do i do!!

M2 Competition
Will you be able to pay the money back? If so take out a credit card with 0% interest free for 12 months.

Will you be able to pay the money back? If so take out a credit card with 0% interest free for 12 months.

Sadly my credit score isnt exactly good at he moment! Dont want to take out a loan with silly APR. I hate bloody money!

172 Race Car
if youve had it from new you will probably regret it. the next one you buy may not have had the same care that you have shown the 182. I owned my old focus from 2 onths old and kept it for over 5 years only sold it coz i was skint. I regreted it every day untill i bought the 172. The performance soon made me forget the focus....;)

If you need the money and cannot get it by other means then downscaling your car is a sensible option. I'd say do it. It's not like the 172 is going to noticeably slower, and the spec is the same for comforts? Phase 1 is a different kettle of fish though, as the interior is rancid (IMO)

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
will you save that much in the long run though?? im downsizing at the moment from my bmw and you may not get even close to what it is worth.

if i was you id get a crap £500 car pay off any debts you have and save the money. in a years time you can then buy a 182 that will be roughly the same as a 172 now and hey presto prob sorted.

or just get second job or maybe change to a higher payed one.

hey i normally charge for financial advice (with my job) and thats for free

lol, mice one. Am going to see about a loan. Problem is i am on commision at work, normally only me and i earn good money but for the last 3 months ive had another lad with me so am earning lots less! He is going soon and i have a good job lined up for next year.

Thanks for all the advise, 182 going is a real last resort!!