ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

digital camera where to buy?

Black 172 MK2
where to buy?? my g/f is looking at getting me one for my b'day im wanting around 7-8mp if pos. best place and bets price? pref with a good zoom to.

brad

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Best thing to do is go to a reputable high street retailer and try them out and see which you prefer. Then discuss the budget and then make our decision after some research.

Its not the sort of thing you can pick up and buy on the spot.

Dirty E91
Places like Jessops are expensive compared to web based sellers, best thing is to check out the camera instore and then make your purchase online from somewhere like www.pixmania.co.uk

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Agree with martynh . Pixmania were miles cheaper for my camcorder than anywhere else, plus the model i bought wasn't actually out in the UK for another 6 months and you get 2 years warranty instead of the normal 1 year warranty . Delivered from France in 36 hours :)

I found jessops to be excellent for price in store, took advantage of their online bundles ie cheaper memory etc and they matched instore.

Also whats the budget like? Jessops do very good cover if its an expensive camera!

Remember MP isn't everything... Nik and Ukaskew have great non SLR cameras, give em a PM

106 GTi
If you find a good local retailer some will price match net prices with a freindly service to boot.

London Camera Exchange price matched my Canon to web prices.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Serg said:
where to buy?? my g/f is looking at getting me one for my b'day im wanting around 7-8mp if pos. best place and bets price? pref with a good zoom to.

brad

Have a look at the panasonic FZ7 or the samsung 815, both great cameras and have great optical zoom of 12x and 15x respectivly.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Pixmania are a b**ch to deal with if anythign goes wrong.

BE prepared to speak french!! and deliver goods back to Paris FFS !!!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I had a problem with camcorder ( actually me just being thick , nothing wrong with it , it turned out ) when i phoned Pixmania it was the English office i spoke to , and i had to send it to Canon in the UK .