ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Digital camera experts look within!

Just working my way round my new camera and just a quick question.... for best results is it best to take pictures on the largest size? Im guessing this uses all the mega pixels? please correct me if im wrong!

Just want to set the camera up to take the best possible pics.. have the quality set to superfine.. just need to get photo size correct!

Fiesta Zetec S (for sale)
Depends what you want to do with the pics TBH, if you're printing 10x8s then bung it on it's highest setting and you'll get the full-fat megapixels and lovely big prints. If you're just posting your pics online/emailing 'em to peeps then a smaller setting will do, it'll also meen you'll get more pics on your cameras card. Another fine example of reciprocity in photography...

And if you're taking pics of your missus then you've gotta post 'em up here and we'll let you know how you can improve your technique.. ;)

lol at ranter!!

pics will mainly be for days out.. car shows, track days, wildlife parks...

largest i would want printing would be A4, so should i stick the full size? although the booklet says that the next size down would be best for a4? but hey... manuals dont always know best!!

Fiesta Zetec S (for sale)
Depends what you're going to be printing on JJ. Sorry, but it's never easy is it... anyway. <)

If you're using an online printer like photobox then I'd suggest going no lower than 240ppi, so if you're printing at A4, roughly a 12x8 print you're looking at 2880x1920, just a tad less than 6mega pixels. This might well be you cameras highest setting.

TBH I don't use any sort of printer at home, only Photobox so I can't accurately comment on what resolution you'd need to print at A4 on an inkjet, but I'd think that 150ppi would probably be OK. Though the bigger the better.

Craig

Its 5mp, largest setting is 2592x1944. TBH it will probably be more 6x10 prints i would want. the next size down is 2048x1536.

The difference is 391 shots on largest, 601 on the next size down!

I always shoot at full size, it means if you need to crop you can without having to worry if it's going to be big enough etc.

106 GTi
As above, would be gutted if I got a really good shot and was shooting in a lower res mode. Buy an extra card and use the camera to its full potential.

LiquidPhoto.co.uk
i can spend far too long with raw, so for my gig stuff i dont,

need a fast turn around!

spent all night the other night going though 3 gigs i did at the weekend, and i dont do much in PS, just some noise removal and sharpening,,,

anyway, ive gone off on abit of atangent there,

i ALWAYS shoot full res. get about 490 onto my 2gb card, i always manage to fill it up at the gigs i do to.

can always crop down and resize, but cant make it bigger!