ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Differences?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Be nice to new people lol!

the cup is a lighter (read cheaper) version of the renaultsport clio

​ the 172cup is the only one worth getting... I'll say why after skint lol

Clio 172
I do want a 172cup then a normal clio sport but I couldn't tell what the difference out of the two,are the engine any different or is it the same ?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
172 cups come with RS stamped inlets, and only some 172's do.

Also, decent Cups are getting quite rare.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Mine didn't have rs stamped inlets, French seem to do a pick and mix tbh

Really? I thought it was a "thing" with cups. I think I read somewhere they also picked slightly stronger engines for them.. thats probably nonsense too!

Clio 172
I didn't delete your posts as don't now how to,all it is is just the weight factor that divides the two versions im guessing

172 cup
Really? I thought it was a "thing" with cups. I think I read somewhere they also picked slightly stronger engines for them.. thats probably nonsense too!

Yeah I thought it did but couldn't see until Dan@519 matched them for me and confirmed they weren't, not sure about the engines, I know mine made 170 on the rollers with a ktec stealth