ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

difference in cheap clutch kits

looking to put a new clutch on my clio, so going for standard but been price hunting and if you go to ktec they will sell you a Valeo at about £170

the same Valeo can be bought of ebay for about £100

but there is also LUX @£90

and Transmech @ £57

why such a difference in price, and is this reflected in quality?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I would never buy a Transmech clutch if you paid me, We used to sell loads at Eurocar parts and i seen just as many come back.

I would be buying the OE Spec one which is
Valeo

everything tells me to go for the valeo one, especially after the list of things I've done to the car lately. Was more out of curiosity as to why the difference, and sometimes it goes in your favor.

Many.
I fitted a Transmech Clutch that somebody supplied, I thought the quality was s**t, and wouldn't trust it on my own car. `

As above valeo only.

Im just about to fit one in mine and from previous experience the others can jog on.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Valeo ONLY . Had one fitted 2 years ago you wont believe how different it feels to drive !

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Buy the decent one, it's just not worth the aggro with warranty & labour etc.

The difference will be quality, whether that be the quality of metals used or friction material.

Clio 172 phase 1
Is there any difference is clutches on the phase 1 and phase 2? I've got a w reg phase 1 and all the ole numbers I use on ecp system keep coming up luk and then 2001 on for the valeo? ..... Either this or I might get a helix paddle clutch with a springed plate and be done with it :)