ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diesel on the roundabout... Honest

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Unfortunately no diesel here, just a lack of talent.

Picture the scene, slippy off camber corner coming off a roundabout. Only a moron would boot it their, and today that morons me.

Que spinning across the grass heading for a lampost. Result - 1 fucked mx5
image.jpeg

I get out the car start assessing damage. Go to try and move it off the road when the lampost I hit gives way. Que me shitting my pants as it crashes down onto a Volvo.
image.jpeg

I was very lucky it wasn't a less substantial car, although not as lucky as the lady driving. Landed right where her head would be and I dread to think what could of happened.

Not the best Friday I've had all in all but everyone's ok so that's the main thing.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Sorry but the description sounds like a slapstick sketch. I did a small chuckle...

Fair play for being honest, and at least you're alright! Got a lot of parts on that, easy to transfer to a new shell...

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
visions of a cartoon style delayed reaction on the lamp post tumbling.

nicely done though sir!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Whilst I'm sure you're gutted, firstly I applaud your honesty and secondly I'm genuinely pissing myself at that f**king lampost. You couldn't make it up!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
F***, that was luck/unlucky. Glad all OK.

Congratulations on coming clean...is this a CS first?

Driver makes mistake. Driver admits driver made a mistake. Driver invites comments about driver making a mistake. Odd.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
There's not really much I can blame it on other than myself. I drive the corner everyday on my way to work and I know it's off cambered and can be slippy. What can I say enthusiasm got the better of me.

There's a fair amount of money in parts on it so it's definitely worth thinking about buying it back at least.

With regard to the lampost I think it'll come out of my insurance yes although not 100% yet.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
There's not really much I can blame it on other than myself. I drive the corner everyday on my way to work and I know it's off cambered and can be slippy. What can I say enthusiasm got the better of me.

There's a fair amount of money in parts on it so it's definitely worth thinking about buying it back at least.

With regard to the lampost I think it'll come out of my insurance yes although not 100% yet.
I very nearly binned the m3 in similar circumstances. Off camber exit which can be sketchy in a fwd car. Decided a bit more throttle was sensible. Halfway through the second rotation I realized it probably wasn't.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Ahhh thats terrible news Euan, really am gutted for you after all the massive amount of work you put into that car. would definitely make sense to buy the car back off the insurance and take all the brakes, supercharger etc off and put into another MX5. Or buy another clio :up::up:

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
Killing a lampost is a right of passage to a petrol head,
I killed one on a straight main road less than a minute from my house swerving to avoid my neighbours kid who was running across the road with a bottle of buckfast pissed out his 14 year old mind, I was going far to fast tbh, had I been at speed limit I would of missed it

What's worse I was driving my friends micra home because he was too pissed to drive.
My neighbour paid for lampost and my m8 just scrapped the car was only worth 500 quid
I did get a smashed nose and upper chest pains as a punishment for my stuipedity

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Killing a lampost is a right of passage to a petrol head,
I killed one on a straight main road less than a minute from my house swerving to avoid my neighbours kid who was running across the road with a bottle of buckfast pissed out his 14 year old mind, I was going far to fast tbh, had I been at speed limit I would of missed it

What's worse I was driving my friends micra home because he was too pissed to drive.
My neighbour paid for lampost and my m8 just scrapped the car was only worth 500 quid
I did get a smashed nose and upper chest pains as a punishment for my stuipedity

Feel better now? Sharing is caring.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
SHOW OFF!!!

What's ironic, is mine actually was diesel on the roundabout.
But to make it worse, in the space of 4 weeks, there were 5 crashes there (including mine) ALL clios of varying guises (172, mk2 1.6, mk3 etc)