ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

diesel engine flush, using diesel fuel

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
has anyone done or know of this method?

basicly from what i have heard, you warm the engine upto normal operating temps, then drain the current oil from engine.

then refill with diesel fuel atleast 1/2 - 1L more than the oil limit. run again for X amount of time, drain, repeat once more.
after the 'engine flush ' change oil filter and put fresh new oil in, (recomended or better )

i have a freind that has a 1.5 dci kangoo van with noisey valves (tappets/solid lifters/buckets/hydralic lifters ) which ever the k9k engine has...

will this method of flushing help clear the said valve train components to reduce noise if they are blocked?
or will this f**k the engine up ?

info much appreciated thanks

raz

Golf GTD Mk7
Completely misread :) although if you run Diesel engines on biofuel it does clean the internals a little :)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
oh i get you now :), nope neither of us run biofuel. just plain old pump fuel with diesel injector aditive once every or so tanks