ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diary of a GT

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Okay since i have my test a week on Tuesday, i thought i would compile a diary and project thread for the car :)

May/June 2009:
Me and my mum went for a look around some stealers for a good second hand car for me (around £2k) and a good second hand car for her (£9-10k) as she just sold her car for £12,000.

In short, we couldnt both get the car we would love for that price. My mum in the past has had everything from a Mk1 XR2i to an Audi TT so it needs to be something interesting :) So we decided to share one. First we looked at a bright yellow Fiesta ZS Anniversary, but that was too lairy for her liking. However we then we found this....

IMG_0264.jpg
IMG_0263.jpg

We bought it then and there, this very car actually because we couldn't wait 'till September without a car!

A week later we picked it up :)
IMG_0267.jpg
IMG_0270.jpg
IMG_0268.jpg
IMG_0269.jpg

July 2009:
As it turn's out, this wasn't the workhorse my mum needed in a car. So for £1,500 she bought this.
IMG_0291.jpg

This meant i had the Clio to myself :D :D :D :D

July/August 2009:
Some whoring with the recently purchased Nikon D40 :)

DSC_0044.jpg
DSC_0045.jpg
DSC_0040.jpg
DSC_0332.jpg
DSC_0323.jpg
DSC_0316.jpg

Then came the first mod of silvervisions...

BEFORE:
IMG_0454.jpg

AFTER:
IMG_0455.jpg

September 2009:
WOO, finally 17 and it's good :). As a birthday present i got a few audio goodies :p. So with the help of a very experienced audio fitter, It went in clean :)

Alpine 103-BT Head Unit.
3931399073_5fc5496ae2_b.jpg

JL Audio TR525-CXi 13cm Coaxial Speakers
3932183208_7fa39aa571_b.jpg

And a Vibe Slick pack sub and amp.
3932166918_f7157a06bb_b.jpg

All the wires were 100% Hidden.

September/October 2009:

And here it is today...

3931411669_dc04baee50_b.jpg

Plans:

• Passing my test first :)
  • Maybe lowering, not sure on the height but nor am i sure on the added insurance costs! If it would be lowered i would do it with Coilovers
  • Spacers if lowered
Apart from that I'm open to suggestions :)

Thanks for reading, and I'll keep the thread updated! (sorry for the epic amount of pictures)

C+C Welcomed :)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Very nice for a first car but I would never trust myself in new car after just passing, I crashed and did lots of stupid things in my first 6 months driving so just bought a shed.

Titanium 182
So you basically got that car bought for you as a first car ?!

Bloody hell I had a £1400 106 :( and I had to pay for that by saving up. Lucky boy !

Not a 320d
Looks good, i get mine in the somewhat unpredictable future, mine will be having coilovers, 20-40mm spacers fitted and eventually once its been run in, a remap to hopefully sort out that STUPID torque, hoping itll drag the torque out a little more as at 4k its gone, completely, its worse than my 1.2, in fact, it feels somewhat slower than my 1.2. Lucky b*****d getting that for your first car itll be my 3rd, and my 3rd clio.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Wonder if he pays for his own insurance :rasp:

Unfortunately yes :p Although my bank doesnt like it. Nor do I :(

And yes I am very lucky and great full and love my car :D

I found that the major power kicks in around 5k, Pulls well imo :) First is shorter than any first gear ever created mind you.

Titanium 182
Bet your insurance is less than mine was on my 182 ;)

GT's are ace looks wise, had a sit in one in a stealers. Needs lowering though :rasp:

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Thanks for the kind words :) I recently got quoted around £3700 for insurance when i pass :( I have EMA, Child Tax credits, some Benefits (innit y0) and my job to pay for the insurance and fuel. Then i have a seperate savings account which has a nice amount of money in for when i decide the car needs to be less 4x4 and more Dub.

Not a 320d
Thanks for the kind words :) I recently got quoted around £3700 for insurance when i pass :( I have EMA, Child Tax credits, some Benefits (innit y0) and my job to pay for the insurance and fuel. Then i have a seperate savings account which has a nice amount of money in for when i decide the car needs to be less 4x4 and more Dub.

f**king hell :dead:

Jason have you had a chance to rag f**k out of it yet ? Id like to know the speed at the redline of each gear, i didnt take note when i test drove it and im hoping it has longer gear ratios than the 1.2, what with it having 6 forward gears and all, be nice to reach more than 50 in 2nd gear.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
The gears are quite short. It pulls well but i haven't got it to the redline yet, i only floored it to get passed a tractor/lorry etc. I'll let you know soon :) I'm surprised you haven't got yours yet? Weren't you meant to receive it last month?

Not a 320d
The gears are quite short. It pulls well but i haven't got it to the redline yet, i only floored it to get passed a tractor/lorry etc. I'll let you know soon :) I'm surprised you haven't got yours yet? Weren't you meant to receive it last month?

We were quoted 8 weeks for delivery, we asked for it on the 3rd of November, which was after the quoted delivery date. Now they are telling us it will be delivered on the 25th of November. Let me know as id be interested.

Not got a car
£3700 FLOL

f**k that, Id rarther a s**t tip, then if (when) you crash it, it doesnt matter.

I

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Aye these are alright. But £3,700 though. Out of your mind imo. But like you say, each to their own.

Barge
£3700!!! Bloody hell. That's an awful lot of money. Is that with your mam on there too?! My first insurance policy at 17 was £1200 on a 1.2 03 Dynamique (never had anyone else on mine) and it dropped by £500 the year after, and that was with a claim too! If you do pay that, hopefully it won't be so steep the next time.

Not wanting to sound like I'm preaching, it's just a little advice and what I've learnt myself, be bloody careful. Have fun, but when it's busy times and more cars on the road - keep your eyes well and truly peeled, a claim on an already expensive policy might just knock it into 4k! Or not quoting you at all. Eeek.

Good luck on the test lad, as I've said before the car is a winner.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Aye these are alright. But £3,700 though. Out of your mind imo. But like you say, each to their own.

Madness....?

£3700!!! Bloody hell. That's an awful lot of money. Is that with your mam on there too?! My first insurance policy at 17 was £1200 on a 1.2 03 Dynamique (never had anyone else on mine) and it dropped by £500 the year after, and that was with a claim too! If you do pay that, hopefully it won't be so steep the next time.

Not wanting to sound like I'm preaching, it's just a little advice and what I've learnt myself, be bloody careful. Have fun, but when it's busy times and more cars on the road - keep your eyes well and truly peeled, a claim on an already expensive policy might just knock it into 4k! Or not quoting you at all. Eeek.

Good luck on the test lad, as I've said before the car is a winner.

Thank you :) I've already had a few dafties trying to cause me an accident. And you are right, my lesson's are usually during rush hour and everyone seem's to have a death wish :(. I've made a few c**k ups (as expected) but I'm slowly getting more confident behind the wheel, consentrating more on what's happening around me than worrying about my gears, stalling etc. as its just natural to me now!

And yes, that's with my mum on the policy! Thinking of making her main driver for the first few months as I won't be driving it too often. Mainly because i paid for 3 months of bus to my school so i'd rather use that than fork out money on petrol + insurance.

Last edited:

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Well i just did a quick quote up and the latest cheapest is Quinn Direct for £3250, and £1200 if my mum is main driver!

Mini Cooper S
Nice car ;)

As others said...don't drive stupidly, you've got a lot of power for a first car. Don't use it lol. I learnt the hard way, twice!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
^ LOL, you didn't learn the first time? :p

If this gets too expensive i'll get a TCE and drop it like its hot TBH.

Mini Cooper S
^ LOL, you didn't learn the first time? :p

If this gets too expensive i'll get a TCE and drop it like its hot TBH.

To be fair...some illegal taxi driver pulled out on me, then drove off. So wasn't really my fault. Second time, company clio TCE...drove sensibly then the occasional blast (you get carried away and your luck runs out). Bad times, will say no more! My current business insurance is £3k...I only pay half tho lol.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Well depending how nice my mother is i may not have to pay full insurance!

Nearly £4k to insure a 1.6 Clio - That's just mental!?!?!?!?!

Hope you don't prang it on your first day of driving it by yourself on a full licence, like I did all those years back.
Thing was my car at the time was an 800 quid 1980 Ford Fiesta, I crunched a door on a bollard and fixed the dent myself, so bypassed any insurance claim. Which is something you won't be able to do on a 12k brand new car.

E30 318iS x2
Well depending how nice my mother is i may not have to pay full insurance!

How much do you want to take the piss after being bought a 12 grand 1.6 car?

I'm not being funny but com'on.

My dad bought my first car but I paid to insure it.

Last edited:

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I am paying to insure it, I was just saying she may, instead of passing tax credits etc. on to me just put it straight into the insurance.