ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diamond Brite and Detailing

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
Hello all,

My parent's car has diamond brite 'protection' on it, and they were given 2 bottles in this after care pack.

They want me to clean there car but I'm unsure of how to go about it as it has this Diamond Brite on it.

On my Clio I usually snow foam it with i4D snow foam, dry, AG SRP then some collinite wax to protect.

Where would the Diamond Brite products fit in with the above?

Cheers..

It would really depend on what the Diamond Brite products are. If they are top ups of some sort then you need to ask someone who has used DB before.

Personally, IIRC, DB doesn't need polishing, so it is meant to take out this stage. But only lasts 12 months before it needs topping up.

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
So if I went and SRP'd the whole car it'd take off the diamond brite?

I believe it's a top up kit they had.

clio exclusive no112
Do as you would normally wash with snow foam and then dry and then apply collinite wax.i take its been applied recently.so with any luck they clayed the car before applying the diamond brite.
personally db sg are alike they are both only as good as the person who applies them.also they dont last and look as good as say a layer of collinite wax.
as you will see on this forum you can spend a lot of money and time applying different products looking for the ultimate finish.but using what you have will give you a great look and protection.

No I don't think it would take it off, but I don't think it is necessary. But I don't have any experience of Diamond Brite so I would suggest asking the company that did the Diamond Briting.

clio exclusive no112
yes srp will take off the db as its a polish .where as collinite is a wax and has no abrasive qualities

SRP will not take off DB. DB is basically like a resin and will be barely affected by SRP as it has very low levels of cut.

clio exclusive no112
which collinite wax have you got if its the concours 9hundred range (cant remember the exact number) it will add a deeper and darker wet look to the paint so well worth doing

clio exclusive no112
srp has a cut in it .it will polish through the thin layer of db .which a good wash with tfr will strip .so srp with its abrasive and petrolium based chemicals will do just the same .
dont be taken in by the marketing hype of garage sales its just a big con to get more money out of the customer thinking they are getting some great protection which if you read the small print comes down to nothing.its just hype

Sorry; SRP has barely any cut in it what so ever. This is why is the safest n00b polish and why it is a great combo, coupled with EGP, for a beginner.

Therefore, it is also safe on pretty much any surface, including these protectants, chemical or layered materials.

Diamond Brite is fine for someone wanting protection, there are other brands out there as well which have been used for years. If they were not worth their salt, they would have gone bust, would they not?

For a detailer, like those on here, granted most will be prepared to take the time to protect their paint work and those of customers, but these protections products are a good easy step for the other 95% of car owners.

clio exclusive no112
srp is a all in one polish and resin wax system .its easy to come by so easy for the beginner to get hold of.
to think that db will stand up to being polished you have really been taken in by the hype.the average joe bloggs does not understand about paint protection swirls fallout claying and waxing a car.they beleave what the sales person tells them .there is a lot of products on the market which at the end of the day should go bust but people still get taken in by the hype watch qvc i rest my case.
and i will give you a quick low down on my credentials
valeting and detailing cars for the last 23 years
ex zymol detailer moved to using mothers wax found the quality in the product not in the sales pitch.
won mercedes benz concours and street concours back in early 2000 and also rolls royce touring class.for my clients and yes i have used db in the early days while working in garages and srp so yes i think i know what im talking about.
im sorry if this has gone off topic

srp is a all in one polish and resin wax system .its easy to come by so easy for the beginner to get hold of.
to think that db will stand up to being polished you have really been taken in by the hype.the average joe bloggs does not understand about paint protection swirls fallout claying and waxing a car.they beleave what the sales person tells them .there is a lot of products on the market which at the end of the day should go bust but people still get taken in by the hype watch qvc i rest my case.
ex zymol detailer moved to using mothers wax found the quality in the product not in the sales pitch.
won mercedes benz concours and street concours back in early 2000 and also rolls royce touring class.for my clients and yes i have used db in the early days while working in garages and srp so yes i think i know what im talking about.

I honestly don't know where to start!

You appear to have a very high opinion of yourself, especially for someone who has such a awful grasp of the English language.

I do not feel that there is any requirement for an argument, in a thread such as this. I have stated that I am not an expert on DB. However, to suggest that I watch a ghastly channel, such as QVC, and therefore know nothing about car detailing, is actually more amusing than insulting.

Read back through the threads, in this section. You will find certain names come up here a lot, myself included. Each will also include a clear guide on exactly what SRP can be used for. If SRP was an "all in one" product, why should it be used in conjuction with a sealent and/or wax?

It really does appear that you have been taken in by the hype from another company, granted many more years ago than most of us on this forum.

Bait taken.

End of.

Oh and by the way, welcome to CS. I will make the assumption that you will not be hanging around for very long/have your own website and/or business and want to promote it? I thought as much.

clio exclusive no112
hummm no web site or business to promote. just someone who has owned renaults for a long time .was a member back in 2000 era when i had a renault clio 16valve .then i had my renault extra van which i had converted from derv to a renault 5 turbo engine with gaz coilovers running at around 180bhp.then went to vw .and now back owning a clio exclusive.im not here to promote my work i dont need to .
the reason i stated what i have done is so you and others will see my history and knowledge comes from.
you can use srp in conjuction with a wax as a base yes but would never bother as a lsp over a wax pointless exercise .
i never said you watched qvc all i said watch qvc and you will see products which should never sell but do.its down to how its portrayed.
oh and what may i ask has having a high opinion of one self on car detailing valeting got to do with awful grasp of the english language. i didnt realise this was gcse english lesson here .

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You wouldn't use wax over srp? But you're claiming it's a polish.

I'm confused.com

Contradicition?

clio exclusive no112
i said you would use the srp as a base .then apply the wax on top.but never wax then apply the srp on top.does this help

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry it's hard to read.

Lols you did say you can use a wax as a base for srp. :S

i never said you watched qvc all i said watch qvc and you will see products which should never sell but do.its down to how its portrayed.
oh and what may i ask has having a high opinion of one self on car detailing valeting got to do with awful grasp of the english language. i didnt realise this was gcse english lesson here .

A; You stated "watch qvc i rest my case"
B; I stated you had both a high opinion of yourself (which you have not denied) and an awful grasp of the language. This has nothing to do with detailing; it was purely a fact.

You wouldn't use wax over srp? But you're claiming it's a polish.

I'm confused.com

Contradicition?

Get your tickets for the fail, reverse boat fella.

i said you would use the srp as a base .then apply the wax on top.but never wax then apply the srp on top.does this help

Not sure who would use a polish over a wax in any case?

All aboard!

fail_boat.jpg

clio exclusive no112
at no point in this have i ever said apply a polish over a wax.please read my post and you will see that.
you can use srp in conjuction with a wax as a base yes .meaning you can apply a wax on top of the srp.
but would never bother as a lsp over a wax pointless exercise .meaning do not apply it as a lsp over a wax .
does that help clear that up for you.
You stated "watch qvc i rest my case" this was to show that what rubbish gets sold to people and what they will buy .at no point did i state you watched it .

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I still can't see whats wrong with my glass cleaner on the whole car approach and some vaseline to seal afterwards.

Porsche Boxster987S

LOL:headno:

Jamie , hi x

Think I was in a bad mood yesterday, not surprisingly!

Rapidfire; I appreciate your knowledge, however a lot of what you have said is quite confusing due to the way it is written. Having re-read the thread, again, it makes sense (just) about SRP vs Wax application. However, I still stand by my point of SRP barely affecting DB, unless we are talking machine application.

clio exclusive no112
srp has cutting agents in it ,test it by hand .on normal single stage paintwork your applicator will turn the colour of the paint.if you apply it by machine it will do the same .it has a cut maybe not as aggressive as other polish /compounds but never the less it will take paint /lacquer off.so a thin coat of db will be stripped off just like if you clayed a car.

clio exclusive no112
never said it would strip paint or lacquer but it will strip db
so a thin coat of db will be stripped off just like if you clayed a car

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Diamondbrite and supaguard ect... are shite!

Doing nothing a good pc/sealent/wax combo won't do!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
My spit would remove the Diamondbrite!

The fact that the boy uses Collonites is enough reason for his opinion to be ignored!

Good read tho!

never said it would strip paint or lacquer but it will strip db
so a thin coat of db will be stripped off just like if you clayed a car

Christ you are confusing fella!

db??

SRP is about as aggressive as JD after 4pints...

Shame I am TTotal*

Diamondbrite and supaguard ect... are s**te!

Doing nothing a good pc/sealent/wax combo won't do!

Done.

The fact that the boy uses Collonites is enough reason for his opinion to be ignored!

Good read tho!

Ha, watch out, he'll get upety about his layering in a sec ;)

Gally <3

x

*this statement might not be true.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Good read tho!
It's collinites. Have you seen the tests on dw? When 9/10 people said it beat more expensive waxes? On looks and performance.

Yeah but that's on Black cars, not Bananananarama cars ;)

Picture627.jpg

Used for this thread in general, not you lover.

x

ST
My my...i was going to go off on 'one' but i can see the pro's have been in and cleared everything up, top work boys.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
It's collinites. Have you seen the tests on dw? When 9/10 people said it beat more expensive waxes? On looks and performance.

Don't correct me ya weee POOF!, it's pure chemical. Nothing natural about it. it's a lazy man's wax!... Pass!