ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dial LEDs

has anyone here changed the leds/bulbs not sure which for different coloured ones behind the dials in a 16v? can you buy special sets to do this?

any info is very welcome

thanks, laters

clio 20v

i changed the temp display for blue ones which light up a kind of bluey orange

problem is the bulbs are white the orange illumination comes from translucent orange backing so no matter what bulbs u put in its always gonna be orangey unless u change that

the sets u buy include new dials so do away with this there over 100 quid tho there isnt a cheap way of jus changin bulbs

Ive just done mine, but Ive changed the dials for metal monkey ones with white numbers, then I fitted blue LEDs and it looks the bollox on a night time.

I bought the small blue LEDs ( for the oil guages ) from Ebay for £15, and the LEDs for the main dials I got from my local motorist discount shop www.speeding.co.uk">www.speeding.co.uk , you have to get the quad super brite LEDs or you dont get much light, these cost a little bit more £24.98 for 2 packets.

Hope this of some help to you.

Dave can you explain a bit more about what the metal monkey dials are like.

How do they replace the old dials? I thought it was the actual housing that was orange plastic?

The plastic at the back of the dials can either be orange or clear plastic, fortunatly for me mine was clear so whatever colour bulb you put in, will show through white or clear backing on the dials.

The metalmonkey dials that Ive fitted to my car went in pretty easy, the only tricky part is getting the needles back on in the rite place, but the instructions that you get with the dials guide you through, step by step, so its not a hard job.