ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

diagnostics advice

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It will work on the engine side only but will it be any good... No

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Why are you repeatedly plugging it in??

I'd try and fix the car before you worry about turning lights off.

extreme flamer
Cheers for the reply Mick, I'm looking for something to turn off my engine management light and read/reset fault codes but I don't want to spend a fortune on it.
Is there any cheapish machines I can buy which will do what I need? Maybe the k tec one?

extreme flamer
Why are you repeatedly plugging it in??

I'd try and fix the car before you worry about turning lights off.

It's repeatedly getting plugged in because there constantly seems to be some sort of problem, first the coil pack, then the spark plugs, the accelerator pedal, etc. It just seems to have very bad luck tbh and I'm sick of paying to get it plugged in before it gets fixed each time so I think I could probably save money

extreme flamer
Can anyone recommend one?
I want to spend 50 quid or less and I want it to be able to give me fault codes/tell me what they are/reset them and turn the engine management light off.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I bought a diagnostics lead for my laptop and the software for it. ELM cable or something's it's called, although its not amazing I think it's a really good piece of kit.

I can clear fault codes, reset ecu's, see what sensor is doing what and whether they are actually working or not. Like Mick mentioned, it will only work on the engine side but I still think they're worth having. Especially for the price.

extreme flamer
I bought a diagnostics lead for my laptop and the software for it. ELM cable or something's it's called, although its not amazing I think it's a really good piece of kit.

I can clear fault codes, reset ecu's, see what sensor is doing what and whether they are actually working or not. Like Mick mentioned, it will only work on the engine side but I still think they're worth having. Especially for the price.

How much did u get yours gor gouldy? If you don't mind me asking

172 ph1, r5, clio16v
Tbh if all you want to do is retrieve a fault code and reset engine management light then an elm scan for about 15 quid of ebay will do this. However it will only reset eobd (engine shaped light) not the heart monitor light usually.