ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

diagnosing electronic fault indicator

after a short trip last week my electronic fault indicator light came on and the car went into limp mode. got to a safe location, stopped the car, restarted and all was fine.
however today went to the car and nothing. when the ignition is on all the lights go out apart from the stop, electronic fault indicator, battery and parking lights. the car turns over fine but will not start.

will a code reader allow me identify exactly where the problem is instead of trying out numerous suggestions?

RS Megane 225F1
Try new battery first if you haven't already then yes, get a good diagnostic reader to show the faults, Henks fastchip is very thorough...

RS Megane 225F1
Battery is always a good starting point with odd electrics, especially if its been fitted over 3 yrs...

No, them code readers are rubbish, i had one and it would read sh1t.... it told me there was no codes, plugged in a "clip" from renault and there was loads !!! bought the fastchip device of their website and found that one quite in depth...

Cheers
Lee

ok then. them fastchip devices aren't code readers though (im assuming there a bit more then that)...is there a cheaper alternative to going the full hog with a fastchip?
can't really be bothered to go all out on the car anymore so wanna keep costs down...my r6 is more fun:)

would recovery van mechanics hold a code reader on them? thinking could get the ol 'home start' to check it out...