ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

detailing??

Megane R26
can someone please explain to me what all this is and what can be done etc sorry im thick

It's basically paint correction, so most/all of the defects in the clearcoat can be 'polished' back to remove these imperfections, and restore the true gloss and shine to the paint.

See 50/50 here:

P1010683.gif

Which gives you:

P1010687.gif

It's less obvious on some colours, but if you have red/dark car it should be quite apparent. Swirling is basically small scratches in your clearcoat, and looks like cobwebs, and is mainly caused by use cheap car washes or a poor hand wash technique.

HTH :)

Russ.

Megane R26
It really does depend on who does it, how bad the paint is, what the car is, which wax etc you want, but for an "enthusiast" (so non full time) I'd expect to pay £100ish, depending on area. It generally takes about 6-8 hours, so the hourly rate is very reasonable given the cost of the equipment involved and the experience/skill levels required.

For a full time 'pro', you're probably looking at nearer £250/£300 (£30 ph)

clio trophy No56
It really does depend on who does it, how bad the paint is, what the car is, which wax etc you want, but for an "enthusiast" (so non full time) I'd expect to pay £100ish, depending on area. It generally takes about 6-8 hours, so the hourly rate is very reasonable given the cost of the equipment involved and the experience/skill levels required.

A mate of mine does some detailing in his spare time.
He said for what he did to my Trophy would have cost approx £300 from a 'pro'. I was very happy with the result.
Ive had my Trophy done a couple of times from him and he is really good.
A punto he did:- http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=76782
And my Trophy:- http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=63896

172 16v

my clio is the 172 iceburg silver mate and i live in gainsborough quite a distance int it??

clio trophy No56
Scott what wheels are they on your trophy? they look awesome in the pics!

Cheers,

Cheers,
They are just the standard Trophy Turinis, those pics were from about 1.5yrs ago. The wheels are starting to look a bit rough now, he just detailed it about 3 weeks ago and said he struggled to remove the build up in the corners.
After i get my damper referbished the next on my list is to get the wheels refurbished.

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Cool, Thanks mate, What size are they?

When i get some money after christmas, will be getting a set for my clio i think,

Cheers,

clio trophy No56
Cool, Thanks mate, What size are they?

When i get some money after christmas, will be getting a set for my clio i think,

Cheers,

16's mate. You can get them from k-tec, although i think the original Trophy ones are a different offset, also i dont think the center caps fit into the non Trophy ones, i stand to be corrected though, lol.
Look here:- http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2143
Or with Tyres:- http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2145

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Thanks Scott, will look into these after christmas as i think they are a wicked wheel :)

Your trophy looks nuts!

clio trophy No56
i take it chris has done the detailing on your trophy scott he did my integra a while back oh and the trophy looks mint

Yes it was chris, i saw your integra when he was doing it. You got a 200 now? Is it that white on i keep seeing in Cramlington?

R14 CUP
I can do it if you want.. i have only really ever done my car in the past.

How far would you want the treatment to go?

Clio 197 + Mrk 3 DCI
I need some paint correction aswell, the swirls on my car are terrible i.e being Black .... Russ your in Walsall ? How much you charge for your services these days Bud...PM if you need to Im only down the M54....

Last edited: