ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing the house

Ly meg R26
Ok a bit odd but what detailing products do people use in the house as well as on the car and Vice versa. I've been using AG fast glass and going to be using rain x on the shower screen soon, please tell me I'm not the only weird person who does this!
Steve.

Ly meg R26
Yea, just moved out into our new house and releasing I need to start doing my bit, so anything that can help prolong me having to clean would help ha!

Mazda 3 MPS
Put some rain-x anti fog on the bathroom mirror too lol. Stop it steaming up when you get out the shower :p

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Autoglym SRP on the tiles in the shower cubicle. Stops the manky build up on the tiles. Been using it for years!

And I used acidic wheel cleaner to clean the toilet when we moved in. Absolutely fcuks limescale right off!

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
You mention Rain X on shower glass. I've used WD40 on shower glass before

N00bs!!! Lol.

It's all relatively the same material, so Autosol and wire wool on any metal (taps, not just cars; SRP on facking everything, TCut on scratched CDs and radio screens; ScratchX on visors for bikes, followed by a decent wax; RainX antimist on mirrors in the bathrooms etc etc etc

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Been doing it for a few years now. Pc'd kitchen bunkers, used the last of my collinites on the shower, still going strong.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
My landlord painted the grouting in the shower before I moved in....

Make a note chaps - this does look good, until the first time you use the shower.

:dead:

Not a 320d
I use Espuma to clean the grease of the chicken pan.

Megs glass cleaner for marble surface and glass.

Detailing sprays to remove finger marks off the Neff microwave front (stainless steel brushed effect)

Ly meg R26
I use Espuma to clean the grease of the chicken pan.

Megs glass cleaner for marble surface and glass.

Detailing sprays to remove finger marks off the Neff microwave front (stainless steel brushed effect)

what detailing sprays do you use? my cooker (stainless steel) is an ar5e to keep clean.....never thought i would be saying that!

Clio MK III Dci 106
I use Autobrites Sparkle (glass cleaner) on all the windows and shower doors. I also use Autobrites Repel (like Rain X only better) on the shower doors. Meguirs All Purpose Cleaner on wooden floors, carpets, pvc window/door frames, wipe down of tiles in bathroom. Collinte 476 on all the tiles in the kitchen and bathroom, and the all metal handles on doors, windows and the taps in the kitchen and bathroom. Started using Autobrites Cherry Glaze to put a protective layer on the pvc doors and window frames..and it beads the water great!!!

I do all the house work, and using the car products has 2 advantages:

1. makes cleaning easier
2. justifies me spending loads on car cleaning products