ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Options

Status
Not open for further replies.
  clio 172 phs 1
Just looking for some advice re detailing my car,wondered what polish you all use? I'm looking for something that will leave a nice deep,wet look shine on my silver phs 1.....

I currently claybar using meguiars and also use carnuba wax from meguiars but really need for something for in between to create a nice shine.....

Anyone got any advice!

clio 172 phs 1
Thanks....

I was loking at the 3 stage system the Meguiars has, like i say i have the 3rd step (carnuba wax), has anyone used the stage1 and 2? if so how did u find it?

Looking for a good trim cleaner for the exterior black trim on the doors and door handles....anyone recommend anything good?

I can recommend the search button?

The Meg's system is basic. It depends on your budget and whether you are a Halfords shopper or willing to get in to detailing and buy the best, more expensive products online.

A cleaner or a protector for trim? All purpose cleaner to clean, there are a range of dressing products.

clio 172 phs 1
I'm looking to get into moderate detailing and yes i would buy online..... i just starting to get my head round all the products and what they do!

Would this be the correct order to do some detailing?

Wash
Dry
Clay bar then rinse and dry
iron x then rinse and dry
polish
wax

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
No need to dry before claying.

This is what i do for a full detail: Snowfoam > Rinse > Wash 2 Bucket Method > Rinse > De-Tar > Rinse > Iron X > Rinse > Clay > Wash/Rinse > Dry > Polish > Snowfoam/Rinse to remove polish dust > Dry > Cleanse > Glaze > Seal

Last edited:

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks James!

So i should iron x before clay!!!!

What products do u use?

Yes mate, Iron X before claying.... you want to remove as much of the surface contaminants as possible, before rubbing a clay bar across it.

Products im in favour of are:

Autosmart Smart Wheels or Billberry Wheel Cleaner
Dodo Juice - Born To Be Mild Shampoo
pH Neutral Snow Foam
Autosmart Tardis for.... well tar removal ;)
Iron X
There are loads of different clay bars available, something mild would be fine.
A good quality drying towel/towels. Im currently using a Chemical Guys Wooly Mammoth.
Dodo Juice Lime Prime or Prima Amigo (which is a cleaser/glaze)
Poorboys Black Hole for a glaze
Wax/Sealant - which ever you prefer and is in your budget

If you're looking at doing this regularly and properly, it's going to cost a fair bit.

For all of the above, you're probably looking at £100+ and you'll need microfibres and various brushes.

Last edited:
  clio 172 phs 1
Yes by hand mate.... and i microfibre cloth to buff off? Can i use the applicator for my carnuba wax too? What do use to put iron x on with?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Search the number of "helping each other out" posts/threads I have made in this section, young'un. Then use the search function to read through all the threads on exactly the same subject that appear just below yours. Then, if your questions have not been answered at least 17 times, you can call me a fud.

Thanks....

I was loking at the 3 stage system the Meguiars has, like i say i have the 3rd step (carnuba wax), has anyone used the stage1 and 2? if so how did u find it?

Looking for a good trim cleaner for the exterior black trim on the doors and door handles....anyone recommend anything good?

I must have dreamed my replying to your thread... no wait...

The Meg's system is basic. It depends on your budget and whether you are a Halfords shopper or willing to get in to detailing and buy the best, more expensive products online.

A cleaner or a protector for trim? All purpose cleaner to clean, there are a range of dressing products.

Status
Not open for further replies.