ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing OCD

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Who else ?

I've always enjoyed cleaning cars over the years but this forum and DW has f**ked me up in the head, i cant walk past a car shop without going in for a nose and coming out with some sort of car cleaning kit. I was happy with SRP and lint free cloths back in the day.:eek:

Todays buys are

Twin 500 watt 240v site lights £14 in screwfix 30% off at the moment
2 autoglym pads
rimwax
zzz23bw5.jpg

To go with my growing collection

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1280 x 960 and is 302 KB.
zzzzcq3.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1280 x 960 and is 355 KB.
zzz7wq1.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1280 x 960 and is 378 KB.
zzzsg8.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1280 x 960 and is 363 KB.
zzz1gs1.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1280 x 960 and is 394 KB.
zzz2su5.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1280 x 960 and is 396 KB.
zzz3qi1.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1280 x 960 and is 413 KB.
zzz4km0.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1280 x 960 and is 272 KB.
zzz5cc5.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1280 x 960 and is 361 KB.
zzz6ed8.jpg

user_online.gif

Arctic Blue FF 182
Yup, same! I dread to think how much iv spent on products, porter cable, lights, pressure washer, wet vac, etc etc. £1000's?haha
How much Endurance gel do you need?lol

Yep, Ive got it. Got a little arsenal. Trying not to spend too much on it though as i realised that i dont need it all and can out the money to better use.

Still love my car clean and fresh though !

M140i
I got more than that in my garage lol :p Bring on the warmer weather so I can pamper :)

Last edited:
  PH1 172 Sport
Yeah I have a similar ammount of stuff its quite worrying really.

I have what I like to call car park OCD as well where I have to park in the far remote corner with the hope that nobody is going to park next to me and give me a few door dents! I will only use the spaces at uni that are set out so nobody can park next to me!

Yeah I have a similar ammount of stuff its quite worrying really.

I have what I like to call car park OCD as well where I have to park in the far remote corner with the hope that nobody is going to park next to me and give me a few door dents! I will only use the spaces at uni that are set out so nobody can park next to me!

;) thats normal i follow this mantra :D

but im odd :rasp:

S4 Avant
Love cleaning my car, clean inferno beats all other colours tbh.

But at the moment I fail to see the point. I drive to work in the dark, I drive home in the dark, it's always wet, it's too cold to wash it, and every time it goes out, it gets filthy.

Will be giving it a massive spring clean to get all the winter crap off once the weather and light picks up

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
....oooooh them draw thing are what i'm after, where they from?

120d M Sport
Definetely understand you on this one mate!

Ive been into it since before I had a car, getting the autoglym out on parents cars!

Btw nice collection there and good purchase on the Rimwax, Ive got that stuff myself think it brings up the wheels nicely and leaves good protection (as well as smelling damn good, notice how many expensiv products smell nice:S)

And Rich.. definetely go for a clear out;).. let me know!

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Remember I used to wash my Mum/Dads car with a dish sponge and the interior with mr sheen lol

thumb125-sponge.jpg

How things have changed...cupboard full now and the amount of microfibres I have :D

Do enjoy it though

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
my garage is full of valet products, half the s**t i dont even use, just got my g220 through the other day though

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
the draw system is from poundstretcher £14.99, am getting another tomorrow tbh, you can stack them.

like so
DSC011-3.jpg

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
i'm the opposite. My interest in detailing is gone! Cant even be bothered cleaning the car.

C

clvs2222

the draw system is from poundstretcher £14.99, am getting another tomorrow tbh, you can stack them.

like so
DSC011-3.jpg

ooooo...... thats cheap. my stuff is everywhere in my garage. and it looks awfull as it gets used a hell of a lot. unlike yours garry, everything is new!??

how have you gone through so much snow foam already? you drinking it or entertaining your little girl? lol

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
ooooo...... thats cheap. my stuff is everywhere in my garage. and it looks awfull as it gets used a hell of a lot. unlike yours garry, everything is new!??

how have you gone through so much snow foam already? you drinking it or entertaining your little girl? lol

Mine get cleaned and put back in the bags , as for foam been trying different mixes, the stuff is in other bottles