ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Kits

Renault Clio MK3
Hello All,

I need to buy the whole shabang from scratch, is it worth getting a detailing kit?

I've seen the AutoGlym one for like £75 but not convinced everything in there is worth getting.

Cheers

Don't start with Swissvax, it's not necessary.

In answer to your question, you are better off buying individually.

Have a read of some of the threads in the detailing section mate, plenty have asked the same question.

If you are still stuck ask in the Detailing questions and chat thread. :)

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Don't get an autoglym kit, so much better stuff out there. I can help compile a little list to start out, just give me a rough amount you want to spend!

Cheers
chris

Renault Clio MK3
Well my car is brand new, so im not going to bother with things like claying.

How much would you say I needed to spend

e92 330i
Even though its brand new, id still de iron/tar and clay. Its all in the prep! Budget would depend in what lsp you wanted - as the prep work tend to cost the same across each brand. Id say £100 would get you decent shampoo, de tar, iron x, clay bar/lube (some dont requre lube like bilt hamber) polish and a glaze, then which ever lsp (wax or sealant) you want. Addition applicator pads/buckets/ wash mitts and mircofibre cloths.

If you have a costco card they do 36 eurow cloths for £13 -bargin.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

I got an ag lot for £65/£75 iirc. Had everything I needed to start out except a clay bar, so I picked one up at the same time. Now I have everything I need I can start going and buying other one off products that I normally wouldn't :)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

My car was fully corrected when I bought it in April (it's a 57 plate) and it looked brand new... I clayed it two weeks ago and almost shat bricks at the state of the bonnet!

and I'm sure your wheels will be caked in brake dust... And tar spots? I got rid of all of my tar the other week and its reappearing again

Renault Clio MK3
My car was fully corrected when I bought it in April (it's a 57 plate) and it looked brand new... I clayed it two weeks ago and almost shat bricks at the state of the bonnet!

and I'm sure your wheels will be caked in brake dust... And tar spots? I got rid of all of my tar the other week and its reappearing again

That's a very good point. Didn't even think about that mate

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
You would not believe the crap that will be on the paint from new, most new cars are stored outside and near rail lines. This is before we even get onto that actual paint finish and how it's prepped at the dealership. They get mullered by the 5 quid chimps, and were not talking just renaults, I do Ferrari, Astons and so on and there AWFULL!

Auto Finesse range is a good shout for a one stop doodah, just remember the basics to maintain it:
1-try to limit physical touch to a minimum. I.e lots of jet washing and soaking. Invest in a pressure washer, and maybe a foam gun.
2. Use two buckets, a wash MIT and microfibres cloths to dry.
3. Don't take it to the bomb heads lol

Out of interest what is it and colour

chris
DetailMe