ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing kits...

Golf R32 & 172 CUP
Hi Alex, i might be wrong but just trying to help you, but i think the poorboys wax kits have a type error, just they both say dark kits?? is one suposed to be dark and one light pack!?

Will prob get myself some bits pre xmas!

Pete

Alex

how is it best to apply the Natys paste wax?
Pete

i use nattys blue on my monaco blue 172 in the summer and i have to say possibly the easiet (sp) wax to apply and remove ever.

usually apply with a megs or sp applicator pad, leave it to dry/hayze, then buff of with a plush microfibre towel

Formally Alex C
Pete,

Do you mean in the explaination of the Natty's Blue? It is a wax formulated for darker cars but, in the light / Metallic Kit I've then explained that it gives a wetter shine on light colours so can still be used with no problems..... One of the few carnaubas that won't mute flake.
If you mean't somewhere else, let me know :).

To apply, I like the Clearkote foam applicators.... Cheap, low density so don't absorb to much product, and glide over the paint easily.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.
Alex :).

im aware differnt products give different shines.

i have a mr2 and the color can only be described as navy/green (its like a birtish green and navy pealesant)

how will i achieve a 'wet gloss' deep finish .... imo this is by far the best shine for any car .... i have the black cars that look chrome etc they are so shiney when looking straight on ....

Golf R32 & 172 CUP
Sorry Alex,

Mis read it! i applied the nattys this morning great product and that coupled with the sealent and the polish's it is really deep! very happy!

Pete

'18 Megane dci
Cheers, will be having another look soon, bought some SSR2 the other day, should be using it tomorrow :D

106 GTi
im aware differnt products give different shines.

i have a mr2 and the color can only be described as navy/green (its like a birtish green and navy pealesant)

how will i achieve a 'wet gloss' deep finish .... imo this is by far the best shine for any car .... i have the black cars that look chrome etc they are so shiney when looking straight on ....

The main deep gloss and wet look comes from the polishing stage, the sealants and waxes are just the icing on the cake.

Prepare the paint first with a good polish and glaze to get the look you want.

Some nice kits Alex, shame everyone I know refuses to buy me products for Xmas lol

Alex

how is it best to apply the Natys paste wax?
Pete

i use nattys blue on my monaco blue 172 in the summer and i have to say possibly the easiet (sp) wax to apply and remove ever.

usually apply with a megs or sp applicator pad, leave it to dry/hayze, then buff of with a plush microfibre towel

I normally do a panel at a time with the Nattys Blue, apply and remove almost straight away. With a foam applicator and and plush towel as above.

I partly the look the Nattys Blue gives, very wet and clear but lacks the depth of some waxes so always end up topping it with another wax. It also nevers seems to spread on as easily as P21s, Souveran or CG 50/50 and is also slightly harder to remove than them aswell.