ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing.... It Hurts!!

Power finish ? Or Power Gloss ?

Great results, although the stickers are a bit ott for me.

Power finish ? Or Power Gloss ?

Great results, although the stickers are a bit ott for me.
Power Finish iirc!

Thanks for all the comments people! Really appreciate it :) .

Can I ask, apart from the CS @ FCS sticker, what is gash about the ones in the rear windscreen? I think the CS and i4detailing one looks good tbh!

Looks great mate and spot on for your first attempt.

Did you do a panel at a time ?

And after applying som Polish to the pad and i guess have you to keep buffing with the polisher in straight lines until all the polish is gone from the panel and the shine/finish yur after appears ?

Where did you get your polisher, pads etc ?

Sorry for the silly questions.

I'm a noob at this machine polishing s**t

Looks great mate and spot on for your first attempt.

Did you do a panel at a time ?
Yea a panel, or less depending on how big it was. The roof, I did in 4 pieces, whereas the front wings I did in one go.
And after applying som Polish to the pad and i guess have you to keep buffing with the polisher in straight lines until all the polish is gone from the panel and the shine/finish yur after appears ?
Have a read of this thread matey: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=501684 Theres a link to a guide on there which I used. Very good thread!! Read it full though ;)
Where did you get your polisher, pads etc ?
i4detailing mate. Got this package: http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/Meguiars_G220_Menzerna_Kit2_1.html
Sorry for the silly questions.
S'ok, im still a noob so no problem matey! ;)
I'm a noob at this machine polishing s**t

car looks really good, ktec exhaust?
Yup, Ktec Recessed Supersport matey!

RS Clio 182
That looks sweet, definitely worth all the hard work. The exhaust looks spot on too.

Detailed my car the other week, all by hand - dont yet trust myself with a machine polisher - seems to easy to do damage.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
nice one mate i wouldnt worry about messing the paint up to much with a da they dont get to hot from what ive seen so would take alot of effort to break through.
good effort tho and yeah it can be a killer but well worth the effort as im sure you know.

AK

M240i
Good work :)

I've just got myself a machine polisher too.. Black car FTL :(

Did you need to prep the menzera pads or just bung the polish straight onto it? They seem quite hard.. Even the lightest cutting pad..

Good work :)

I've just got myself a machine polisher too.. Black car FTL :(

Did you need to prep the menzera pads or just bung the polish straight onto it? They seem quite hard.. Even the lightest cutting pad..
Just put the polish straight on matey! Didnt even know you had to prep them... That guide off detailingworld didnt say anything about it.
Tbh though, I used the mild cutting pad to start with, and it was alright so I wouldnt worry too much!