ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing in the Midlands anyone ?

Hey guys, my front bumper, rear arches and bonnet have bad swirling/chips that are just in the laquer but look terrible.

anyone in the midlands fancy making an improvement for me ? obviously for a fee :)

Cheers

I thought that's what detailers are for ?

I will be buying a G220 - but i'd rather have someone with some experience do it :)

Yeah, im in the same boat.

Im clueless on how to use one and the methods involved.

(btw Rob (is that your name?) im going to that garage you went to on Thurs..)

Arctic Blue FF 182
I'm coming back up to coventry tomorrow for uni again from the hols, but i wont be bringing the PC with me i don't think. Not enough room otherwise i would offer it. Might be coming back home in a week or 2, will see if i can bring it back up then/.

200 Gordini
I'll do it but i've only got SRP at the mo? It will look better for a long time but no correction.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Pm Jay. He's based near Birmingham, detailed my monaco 172, great results. He'll show you where they remodelled his garage so he could fit a vee in!!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
dont think you will get it done for free..

Polish is pretty expensive.

I think you may get it done for cost of polish used covered and a bacon butty tho :)

dont think you will get it done for free..

Polish is pretty expensive.

I think you may get it done for cost of polish used covered and a bacon butty tho :)

I'm pretty sure i said for a FEE i wouldnt expect it for free im aware of the costs. Ill drop Jay a pm :)

200 Gordini
I've got the g220 and get merz polishes in the next couple of days if you want to wait. Or the srp now

200 Gordini
lol i've got a g220

And it depends what you want doing?

Clay, polish, seal, wax, interior, wheels?? you tell me

front bumper, bonnet and rear arches where the stone chips are..

Depends what your up for doing lol

200 Gordini
So you want the clay & polish anyway, do you want it sealing and/or waxing.

I can do your wheels ie deep clean, polish, seal.. also the arches while i'm at it.

Engine bay? interior?

entirely up to you

would be good, and i can certainly help with the claying etc.

Pm a price - in excited :) its a state at the moment lol

200 Gordini
Pleeeeease have a garage lol

I'm looking to order these in the next couple of days so it shouldn't be too long.

If you can, get some pics of the swirls etc. I wouldnt trust myself to do wet sanding on the chips because of never done it before, although i would like to learn and i've got touch up paint!!!

Not really, I made a thread about prices but thats no counting you

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Curley. Have a bash at repairing stone chips it really is easy... A very good Guide on DW in the guides section aswell!

i'll try and get use of my old unit. I dont have a garage though but i should be able to sort something out :)

my mate had the same on his cup and managed to remove without wet sanding i believe but i dont mind you having a go on an area :) i'm intrigued to help too as i will purchase one eventually..

Swirls are very light not deep at all, it's been generally looked after, no sponges used etc

Just the chips, mainly the front bumper, but like i say, wet sanding the bottom part as a tester would be cool

200 Gordini
Curley. Have a bash at repairing stone chips it really is easy... A very good Guide on DW in the guides section aswell!

Thats what made me want to try it but i dont seem to have any stone chips.

Really dont want to do it on your car, id be hunted down by people on here if something went wrong, it does look easy though :S Rob, have a look atthe guide aswell and we'll see

i've looked and would feel fine doing it, just start off light grade :) ive been browsing detailing world for yonks lol

Other problem i have is i dont know if youve seen but the scratches on top of the headlights ?

oh and if the chips didnt come out it would only be resprayed anyway

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
to remove scratches on headlights i sand em with megs fine grit wet and dry and puff em up with the g220 + 3G polish

lol, mine are really bad in the top corners, you up for it then ? PM me a price for..

Clay, front end PC'ed, rear arches PC'ed and headlights... our full car.

+ seal/wax Not bothered about engine or inside :)

Thanks