ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Quick question for JD as he seems a fan of the stuff.

Can I paint I1 on? Need to do my softtop and heard this stuff is the balls, but spray app can be inconsistant.

In answer to this, yes, you can paint it on. Several members have either painted it on, or sprayed the area, then used a paint brush to ensure an even coat.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Will be needing a snowfoam soon...

currently use magifoam and I like it, fancy a change, but don't want anything worse.

recommendations? Tempted with avalanche but want some more ideas

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Will be needing a snowfoam soon...

currently use magifoam and I like it, fancy a change, but don't want anything worse.

recommendations? Tempted with avalanche but want some more ideas

I use Valet Pro PH Neutral Snow Foam. Main reason is its £16.00 for 5 Litres againt something like AF Avelanche thats £30.00

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I don't mind paying £30 for 5 litres as it lasts me ages so £30 over a year or two is nothing really

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Lol nothing to do with being tight mate, I'd rather something cheap thatceirks than something expensive that doesn't

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Currently using valet pro advanced neutral snow foam and don't think it works as well as avalanche did. AB Magifoam and supersnowfoam before this and they were on par with ANSF.

Try some carplan rapid dirt shifter sprayed around the car, left to dwell then pressure rinsed off, worms just as well

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I use valet pro citrus wash diluted first then magifoam. Want to try something new even though it currently works very well for me

Not a 320d
Good question, I have no idea. Instructions are to soak the application in product, how you do this is not included. I'd be asking Rob or DW members. Give me a sec.

Painted mine on. Not the most economical way...... But effective.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Buy hyper wash Jaff, snowfoam car, dwell, rinse off, re-snowfoam and wash with mitt (2 bucket of course) then rinse.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Guys, a bit of advice if poss please.

All three of my cars are now covered in AF triple and Zymol carbon. When it comes to washing them, what should I be using as a shampoo and what is the best product to get them looking pimp again? Can I give another coat of zymol? Should I use AF triple or will that remove the previous zymol? Quick detailers any good?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Tripple will remove whatever waxes and glazes are already on there.

You can re layer the carbon (awesome wax by the way) provided that after you've washed the car its still coming up spotless. You don't want to wax over dirt or contaminants that won't wash off.

A quick detailing spray like AF finale, zaino z6 are great for bringing the just waxed look after washing, finale is very good at removing water marks if you suffer from hard water.

With newer type spray sealants like reload and C2, there is the option to apply them over a wax as they seem to bond fine, to keep the looks of a wax, but also add more protection and improved water behaviour.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Hoping someone can help, The black leather seats in the Pug are not wearing as well as the Clios 'leather' seats did, Remember seeing someone using some special pen to almost colour in where the leather had lightened, Think it may have been Chappers but can't be certain.

Can someone point me in a direction to find such a product.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Quick question, which will prob lead to a simple answer..

hi have a white car and just tried waxing it with some chemical guys 3x.. Now I like the wax but as my new car is white it's so difficult to see where I have been / missed..

Is there coloured waxes that will be better to use on a white car??

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
A spray sealant?

To answer the question, no, the layers are very thin you'll struggle to see any wax mate. Even the Dod colours take multiple layers to make any difference. :)

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Cheers gally thought as much...

wasthat spray sealant an answer too? Never seen a spray sealant?

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Ooo looks good that cheers.

​so does it actually last as long as wax? I suspect not

Just read it lasts up to 8 months ... Seems to good to be true

Golf GT & A4 Avant
A wax can last 4weeks to 6months plus, as can a sealant. All depends on the individual product.

For sub £10 C2 is a great buy

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
So basically its 50/50 mix with water and you just spray on a clean wet car then wipe off??

Golf GT & A4 Avant
You can do if you want to use in a quick detailer type fashion but still add protection.

For full functionality, on a prepped and dry car, spray onto panel and wipe on to spread, then buff off, job done.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Chaps, is ford paint renowned for being soft?! I had to do a correction on a 60 plate panther black fiesta today and had loads of issues with marring. I got there in the end but I'm wondering if there's another product best suited to that particular paint. FYI I was using chemical guys 3N.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I can't say i've ever been impressed with CG polishes mate after lots and lots of testing. Always end back at menz.

Ford paint imo is the epitome of medium paint. But imo, edging more towards soft.

You can't call it soft because it's nothing like, Subaru, Honda, Porsche et al.

You using a Rotary still mate? DA takes longer but i've been enjoying using it again recently.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Of cpurse Black is going to show up more and ideally you want to be doing a 2 step polish especially after something like 3N.

Not matter what it says about one step.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
My focus is on the softer side of medium.

Managed to nip out a few minor marks with my old EP800 and rejuvenate, a pre wax cleanser with mild abrasives

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone have enough wheel sealant to do 4 wheels they could sell to me in a spare pot. Im getting 4 new tyres back on the turinis so have cleaned them but would like to seal before i have them fitted. I don't want to buy a full tub as they aren't perfect anyway and only need to do them this time before they go on.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Try PM, JD mate. Not sure if he still has poorboys. Ceramic sealant is needed though.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Try PM, JD mate. Not sure if he still has poorboys. Ceramic sealant is needed though.

Cheers mate will do. Im on DW but not really an active user so didn't know if i could stick a wanted thread up over there, might have a look on.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Excellent. Does that mean I no longer have to reply to your moaning...

BMW E46 330i Touring
I think Sonax is awesome personally. Not the slickest of finishes immediately after but it seems to settle down and it's not very often that I rub my naked skin against my car paintwork...

Sheeting and beading performance lasts for ages and it's so easy to apply. I've never had an issue with smearing or needed a second MF to remove. Probably no better than C2V3 which I have no experience of but it's the best thing I've ever used.