ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You'd do 3 cars imo with 2 coats on each windsceen if you're careful.

Arctic 182
Hi guys, bit of a beginner to all this & I'm trying to keep it sort of simple as I've read it can all get a bit mental!
I'm just wondering which order to do things!
After researching & reading I've ordered some c2v3 & some Dodo Juice Rainforest Rub wax.

I currently rinse with hose, then wash with Dodo Juice BTBM 2 bucket method
Dry with i4detailing über yellow cloth
Use AG SRP polish (not every time)

Then the confusion comes in!
Do I need to apply the c2v3 first or the D.J wax first? I've read things about the c2 bonding better before waxing & couldn't find a specific answer. Any help much appreciated.

Cheers, Chris

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I noticed them, look exactly the same to me. Even called Hexlogic!

Not a 320d
Hi guys, bit of a beginner to all this & I'm trying to keep it sort of simple as I've read it can all get a bit mental!
I'm just wondering which order to do things!
After researching & reading I've ordered some c2v3 & some Dodo Juice Rainforest Rub wax.

I currently rinse with hose, then wash with Dodo Juice BTBM 2 bucket method
Dry with i4detailing über yellow cloth
Use AG SRP polish (not every time)

Then the confusion comes in!
Do I need to apply the c2v3 first or the D.J wax first? I've read things about the c2 bonding better before waxing & couldn't find a specific answer. Any help much appreciated.

Cheers, Chris

You could apply before, then wax, then apply c2 on top as well ;)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
This morning gave a friends black e92 330d (identical to toby's) a quick cleanse and seal. I'd forgotten how much I love AND hate working with black cars. Washing and water spots mid day was a pain

Drivers side with a sealant. Passenger side with a wax. Then a final wipe down with Victoria quick detail, and wow. He was so pleased he came back and bought a couple of bits that we used.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
The guy is fairly new to detailing, only ever used poorboys wipe on sealant, so this way he got a chance to experience using different types of products like waxes and sealants, pre wax cleansers and chemical cleaners, the difference in finish and feel, the durability and water behaviour.

This way he's got to try a hole group of products before he's bought anything instead of rushing in because it looks flash or he's taken the word of someone that maybe doesn't really know the products that well.

For example, his other friend that's into detailing told him he would have to clay hen re polish his car everytime the sealant wore off to remove all the marks and bugs that were sticking. A good pre wash, wash then de tar was all that was needed, topping with the cleansers in his eyes looked better than when his friend machine polished it for him.

It's all about getting experience to make the right decisions.

Arctic 182
The guy is fairly new to detailing, only ever used poorboys wipe on sealant, so this way he got a chance to experience using different types of products like waxes and sealants, pre wax cleansers and chemical cleaners, the difference in finish and feel, the durability and water behaviour.

This way he's got to try a hole group of products before he's bought anything instead of rushing in because it looks flash or he's taken the word of someone that maybe doesn't really know the products that well.

For example, his other friend that's into detailing told him he would have to clay hen re polish his car everytime the sealant wore off to remove all the marks and bugs that were sticking. A good pre wash, wash then de tar was all that was needed, topping with the cleansers in his eyes looked better than when his friend machine polished it for him.

It's all about getting experience to make the right decisions.

Thanks mate, makes a lot of sense. I'm fairly new & I've got loads of info RE products & technique from this forum/online. It's expensive but I love it!!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Doing all the research really helps, but he's not on the forums, but actual experience also helps, as he kept making comments ' we weren't putting on enough or thick enough to protect' etc. The normal areas where a beginner makes a mess of things

Arctic 182
Doing all the research really helps, but he's not on the forums, but actual experience also helps, as he kept making comments ' we weren't putting on enough or thick enough to protect' etc. The normal areas where a beginner makes a mess of things

I would have been the same if it wasn't for On here! I've just got my bits through, (rainforest rub, c2v3 & BTBM) & I know I would have used loads of the c2, glad I searched & found out about It before. Can't wait to get stuck in but it's horrible weather here today. Will the combo Toby advised, (c2, wax, c2), make a big difference for me?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
It's hard to say without trying it myself, but personally I would initially just use RR, then a few weeks later top it with C2, that way you get to see the performance of RR instead of just C2

Arctic 182
It's hard to say without trying it myself, but personally I would initially just use RR, then a few weeks later top it with C2, that way you get to see the performance of RR instead of just C2

Once again, that makes sense! Thanks mate, appreciate the advice.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Hey guys are the lake country pads any good by DA? Making an order on PB and would like to stick to just the one site so if there plenty good enough I'll go for it, only want the red one..

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I don't like them. Stick to hex via DA. Believe me.

LC ones i'm speaking about.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Just bought a hex-logic anyway haha :)

While I'm here again, quick question. As I'll be going at the car with some proper polish in the hope to actually have a decent correction this time I was wondering do I really need to decontaminate again? I'll give it a good wash, but can I literally just wash dry then go with the polish? Or should I do anything else?

It's barely got dirty since last going with the tripple and has only had a bit of dust and has been washed often.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
2 months ago and I plan on doing it in the next 2 weeks. It's not done many miles at all though, it's not much of an issue, I still have some oblitarate.

Am out of IX but do have some wonder wheels which iirc does a similar job anyway.

Some product musings of late from the April Waxybox - Tried a few new products over the past few washes.

Hubicote wheel sealant - Not overly impressed, went on easily but durability wasn't too good even in terms of water beading, wheels didn't clean easily after the trackday brakedusting...

Autobrite tyre gloss - Very impressed, easy application, spreads very well so the product itself lasts a long time, leaves a "natural" but very glossy look for over a week (with my mileage that's impressive). Think this will be my new go to tyre shine - prefer it my current megs endurance.

Britemax grimeout - Great for paintwork at suggested dilution ratio, not so good for wheel. Would imagine it's very good under the bonnet when neat as a de-greaser.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
whats a good brush to use on alloys?

is there any snow foams that work with a hosepipe ?

Ez detail brush and a little one for outer rims. The Ez one cleans inners perfect. My one must be 2 years old.

is there any snow foams that work with a hosepipe ?

Snowfoam needs more than domestic water pressure to work I'm afraid!

This^^^

Isn't there the gilmour foam gun which can use normal hose pipe pressure to create snow foam?

They'll never be as good, Don, due to the lack of pressure. They'll create foam, but not the shaving foam consistency most are after (as it clings for longer).

Quick question for JD as he seems a fan of the stuff.

Can I paint I1 on? Need to do my softtop and heard this stuff is the balls, but spray app can be inconsistant.

Quick question for JD as he seems a fan of the stuff.

Can I paint I1 on? Need to do my softtop and heard this stuff is the balls, but spray app can be inconsistant.

Good question, I have no idea. Instructions are to soak the application in product, how you do this is not included. I'd be asking Rob or DW members. Give me a sec.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I've only limited experience with the AF kit (limited experience in machine polishing if I'm honest) but seems to work fine. Hexlogic pads and menzerna compounds are a tried and tested formula on DA.

Check the for sale threads on here and DW and sure you'll make a saving