ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols sorry mate kept forgetting to reply. If you can't get anyone to take it i'll have it.

Not a 320d
I was thinking. As every tom dick and harry is starting their own wax line, I would also do the same. Also I was going to make my own brand of protein sports shake. Thats after Ive had someone else make it for me.

What think?

Megane 265 Cup
What is AF Citrus? I am guessing it is not a type of snow foam from your comment? Which snow foam do you use then? I have never used it before but will be starting to soon.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
AF citrus power with a pressure rinse removes more dirt and grime than all snow foams with pressure rinse that I have tried, including avalanche. You can also use citrus power through a snow foam should you want. again still doesn't work quite as well as sprayed on by hand but still works

Quick questions do you need a wax and a sealant or is it one or the other? And is the process polish>sealant>wax or polish>wax>sealant?

Fiesta ST200
Quick questions do you need a wax and a sealant or is it one or the other? And is the process polish>sealant>wax or polish>wax>sealant?

You can use both if you wish to.

The way to do it is polish, sealant, wax. I always find it easier this way and I think most other people do. But rarely will I use a sealant and a wax. One or the other is plenty enough protection.

Hope this helped.

GTD, Lupo
Im becoming a massive Zaino fan and im just after a little advice.

I currently use Z2, Z7 and Z16. Having read a few reviews is it really worth getting the ZFX or am i better of just giving the car a wipe down 24hrs later with Z6 then a few more layers of Z2? Im worried i will end up wasting lots of product. The car is garaged and i dont drive it during the week.

Any other Zaino products worth trying out? Z8 is top of my list and maybe some Z5 for my wifes car which is black.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I've become a massive Z5 fan. For deeper colours it does add a little, maybe due to the small amount of fillers.

Z8 is nice for spring summer between washes and top ups. It's just Z6 with added protection really. Both brilliant products.

I don't use ZFX. It's a good idea and of course curing etc is great but it's not cheap and at times not really needed. I leave an hour between layers. Who really leaves Z2 to fall of anyway!

GTD, Lupo
I've become a massive Z5 fan. For deeper colours it does add a little, maybe due to the small amount of fillers.

Z8 is nice for spring summer between washes and top ups. It's just Z6 with added protection really. Both brilliant products.

I don't use ZFX. It's a good idea and of course curing etc is great but it's not cheap and at times not really needed. I leave an hour between layers. Who really leaves Z2 to fall of anyway!

Cheers Gally, so skip the Z6 (I4D are out at the moment so suits me) and get Z8 and avoid the ZFX. Is it worth getting Z5 if i have Amigo or can it be used over the top? both seem very similar to me.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
If you already have Z2 forget the Z5.

Amigo and Z2 is perfect but I know how we detailers can get bored! ;)

Z8 is expensive as a QD but if you're using it in between washes after drying it's simply brilliant and tops up the Z2 of course.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Oh forgot to mention. Zaino's next new product will be Z2/Z5 with ZFX in it. Hopefully before Summer this year.

Cannot remember what it's going to be called. Been in testing for nearly 12 months! Just won't release it yet! It'll fly off the shelves.

Bloody holding out on us!

GTD, Lupo
Oh forgot to mention. Zaino's next new product will be Z2/Z5 with ZFX in it. Hopefully before Summer this year.

Cannot remember what it's going to be called. Been in testing for nearly 12 months! Just won't release it yet! It'll fly off the shelves.

Bloody holding out on us!

Ummmm! my shopping list is getting smaller and smaller by the minute. More MF cloths then...

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Oh hai Mercury

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358923894.959554.jpg

That is my phone, but its a reflection! :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It is a good metal polish no doubt.

Glad to hear it Gorms, we buy for the sake of it sometimes!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I could have sold twice that of what I have advertised. I put up 2 waxes and bought 2 more before they had sold, should receive a definitive wax sample today. Did have 4 bottles of QD, sold 3 and bought another. Purely because I wanted to try something new

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Is that the Britemax one?

Here's some more:

747730b325eb5010fcfea90094710029.jpg

Top left: MF
Top right: untouched
Bottom half: 00 wool

Interestingly when I did the hole piece in 00 wool and mercury there was still a line where I'd done merc+MF
It was only ok when finished with MF.

00: more cut, MF: finish
As you'd expect really.

Another 00 and Mercury

26993192e4752a588018226aa0008218.jpg

Audi A5
Questions on clay bar.

i got the meguires clay bar kit an was wondering a couple things.

How much should I use each time?

How many times can you use the same peice or is their tell tail signs when it's past it best?

Is it ok to use after a wash when your not planning on apply wax/sealant after? Or should it only be used before applying a wax/sealant.

What is the best technique when using it?

Cheers bobby

Golf GT & A4 Avant
use enough to get a good hold and still on the panel, personal preferrence really

Re using depends on how much grim you lift off, if it starts to look pretty dirty then bin it, if a car is well maintained and protected, you may only need to clay once a year / 18months. even then there might not be much dirt on the clay so will be fine to use again.

you can use after washing if you're not going to wax, but it will be pointless as there is no protection to stop the dirt bonding straight away, as claying will typically remove most if not all your previous wax or sealant.

wash the car, leave a panel wet, apply lube and rub away! until the panel fills smooth underneath.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Talking about sample waxed in the other thread, I just got hold of these, perfect for samples

4EEC4C2B-D22D-4677-8595-96F1CE2A3EE8-3311-0000022BA0B2889E.jpg

Audi A5
use enough to get a good hold and still on the panel, personal preferrence really

Re using depends on how much grim you lift off, if it starts to look pretty dirty then bin it, if a car is well maintained and protected, you may only need to clay once a year / 18months. even then there might not be much dirt on the clay so will be fine to use again.

you can use after washing if you're not going to wax, but it will be pointless as there is no protection to stop the dirt bonding straight away, as claying will typically remove most if not all your previous wax or sealant.

wash the car, leave a panel wet, apply lube and rub away! until the panel fills smooth underneath.

thank you for the reply Dave,

next time I wash my car ill have a go.