ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
This is easily the best I've used. 200ml but probably get away with 150ml in a 2 litre sprayer. Wait 5 mins ish, done.

Screenshot_20220321_131443_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
This is something I need advice/help on.

My other halfs car was filthy yesterday, hadn't been washed in ages, I sprayed liberally with ValetPro Citrus which had been diluted as per the bottle instructions and it did f**k all. My rinse bucket and mitt were absolutely filthy after.

I've used snowfoams in the past and they've had little effect as well.

Best product to use? Not bothered about it stripping coating as I usually give a spray of CC Hybrid and blast that off to ease with drying after every wash anyway.

For heavier soiling I usually go for a 60/40 mix of snowfoam and citrus pre-wash, does the trick usually

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5

I love how disappointed he looks at 3:10 😂

That car looks like what I was contending with yesterday and mine did nowhere near that good of a job. Think I diluted it at 8:1 as well. That HHD stuff looks really good though, may have to give it a go!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Bought a litre a bit ago and now 5 litres. It goes out of stock quickly.

I garauntee you won't be dissapointed

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
I've had a play with the site and added a drop down menu with the categories, with the aim of making it even easier to navigate and find what you're after, what are peoples thoughts?

Colin-S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
@Hxrry Much easier to navigate with the drop down menus (y)

Are Stubby guns anything you would get in stock? Looking for one for a Nilfisk.

Cheers!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
@Hxrry What a legend!!

Delivery arrived today, well packaged in a strong box.

Not only did I get 40% off each product but also a sample of rinse aid and a hand written note!!

Many thanks for outstanding service.

Same, brilliant service!

@Hxrry I take it the rinse aid is like a spray sealant kind of thing? You say put it through a lance? Can it be done in a spray bottle as well or nah? Either way, I will give it a blast this weekend and report back (y)

Also purchased a 15m rubber hose from DirectHoses. I bought the flexiwash one from them last year but the bugger still kinks so I've gone full hog this time!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Looking forward to getting the detail spray. That and sigma by garage therapy seem to be the only ones my car likes. Well rapid detailer by autoglym too but not as nice.

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Same, brilliant service!

@Hxrry I take it the rinse aid is like a spray sealant kind of thing? You say put it through a lance? Can it be done in a spray bottle as well or nah? Either way, I will give it a blast this weekend and report back (y)

Also purchased a 15m rubber hose from DirectHoses. I bought the flexiwash one from them last year but the bugger still kinks so I've gone full hog this time!

Glad you got it promptly and safely! Thanks again for the kind words!

I've not attempted using it through a spray bottle in all fairness, but you've sparked my interest. I'll give it a go later on and see how I get on, then I will report back!

How good does it smell!!

@Hxrry What a legend!!

Delivery arrived today, well packaged in a strong box.

Not only did I get 40% off each product but also a sample of rinse aid and a hand written note!!

Many thanks for outstanding service.

You're the legend for ordering from SO WAX!

Enjoy the rinse aid, please leave feedback!

I write notes with every order, it may take up chunks of my days sometimes but I think it gives a personal touch that's lacking from the bigger brands.

Thanks again!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Arrived safe and sound. Gotta love the detail spray smell. Hopefully get to use them this weekend and will report back.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Glad you got it promptly and safely! Thanks again for the kind words!

I've not attempted using it through a spray bottle in all fairness, but you've sparked my interest. I'll give it a go later on and see how I get on, then I will report back!

How good does it smell!!
I mean, I've still got no sense of smell since covid but I’ll take your word for it 😂

Let us know about the rinse aid. I've got a lance so can put it in there if needs be, I just like not faffing around with it and have stuff in spray bottles tbh.

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
I mean, I've still got no sense of smell since covid but I’ll take your word for it 😂

Let us know about the rinse aid. I've got a lance so can put it in there if needs be, I just like not faffing around with it and have stuff in spray bottles tbh.

Haha, that sucks. How long ago did you have covid??

I've tried it in a trigger bottle, it works but i'd say through a lance is better. Either way you'll dry your car in no time!

Arrived safe and sound. Gotta love the detail spray smell. Hopefully get to use them this weekend and will report back.

Happy days! As always, that's perfect!

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Any good to anyone?

I have a load of stock from a company I bought out. Got leather treatments, dashboard dressings etc. Selling them all for roughly 50% off RRP.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
As above.

At least you have shade. Sunlight from 8am to sunset over at my place. Does my fkin head in. Plus, my water filter is playing silly buggers so water spots for daaaaays