ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Any good detailers in south england (portsmouth area) worth going too?

I did pm dawn but got no reply

Look up Indepth Detailing on Facebook. He does it from home but he's good, did my clio a few years ago.

Oh, and he's not too far away in Scumhampton.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I'm gonna use some hydro2 for winter protection on the daily I think. Is the Lite stuff enough for this or would I be better going for the undiluted stuff to get it a bit stronger?

Lite is fine mate. Lasts for ages.

And it also has more silica in it for that dilution ratio than if you were to dilute the normal stuff.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I'll be ordering some more and think I'll just get Lite next time although I have loads of distilled water left it just seems more convenient.

Another question - Single stage polish and pad combo, Talk to me.

CarPro Essence?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Look at Wolfs Nano glaze too. I think they are more fillers with a seal rather than polish though

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I'll be ordering some more and think I'll just get Lite next time although I have loads of distilled water left it just seems more convenient.

Another question - Single stage polish and pad combo, Talk to me.

CarPro Essence?

I still love Prima Amigo but it doesn't have much cut.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
What about CarPro Fixer?
Their website talks a good game but is it all they say it is?

I've got the likes of AF Tripple, AF Ultra Glaze, 50 Cal Cover Up and Menzerna 2500/4000, Just hoping I can get something with more cut than Tripple but but that won't need refining after using it for those 1 day turnaround cars.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Have you seen the cut with a gloss pad from Essence, killing 2 birds with one stone.

Even essence plus gets some bite from the pad and nicer beading.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
@Coby. You can't go wrong with carpro essence, especially if you can apply it by machine. If fills, it corrects as much if not fractionally more than a finishing polish. Tyre finish is so deep and rich, and so slick. It really does leap ahead of the usual AIO's and pre wax cleansers and glazes.

I used it today by hand and it was still so easy to use and remove.

Have you seen the cut with a gloss pad from Essence, killing 2 birds with one stone.

Even essence plus gets some bite from the pad and nicer beading.

You used it or seen it used Kev? I'm sure I'll get a bottle when released but not sure if I'll really have much use for it. Carpro Essence topped with waxaddict quartz used today is a lovely finish. And previously proved to be a resilient combo.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
If you have essence not sure you'll need it that much unless you're a pro.

Have you done any 50/50 by hand?

I don't have it yet. Out soon though! They posted over on DW a video of it.

I think it's more of an LSP like a DA applied sealant but modern. It's what I've been desperate for for years. The others are shat.

The beading and LSP characteristics of plus I think will attract some that aren't looking to correct just seal. Also not in need of reload over it like non plus.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I ordered some essence yesterday.

This morning I used a sample bottle of Reset shampoo on the work car because we'd run out of the generic s**t that the job buys. I was really impressed with it. Think I'll be buying a large bottle of it.

SQ5
People still rate stuff from Auto Finesse?

Just took advantage of their BF deals.

Bought;

Drying Towel
Tripple (needed)
Iron Out
Avalanche

Free;

Wash mitt (needed)
Glisten
Imperial
Citrus Power (wanted)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I've still got plenty of their stuff in my kit, May not be the best out there but it's not overly fussy in application etc so I'm happy with most of it.

Renault 5 GT Turbo
I mainly use Auto Finesse. I'm very happy with the results I get from the range. I wouldn't be part of the network if I didn't believe in them :)
The only product I don't keep in stock is Citrus Power. Everything else does exactly what I want it to.

Super Resin Polish is still a good product. The newer formula is just as good. The dusty complaints were usually from people using way too much.

SQ5
Good to know, I have some other bits and all works, just didn't know if it was a good good product.

What would you use instead of citrus power?

Mini JCW
So I want to give the new TT some protection over winter.

The ambient temperature tomorrow will be circa 7c - is this too cold / inflict holgrams? Would I be better with a spray on LSP like Somax BSD or CarPro H2O?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I ordered some essence yesterday.

This morning I used a sample bottle of Reset shampoo on the work car because we'd run out of the generic s**t that the job buys. I was really impressed with it. Think I'll be buying a large bottle of it.

Essence is slowly getting used more and more, it's replaced my finishing polish and glazes by hand and machine application. Performs and applies so well. Never let it's durability run it's course fully so can't comment on that.

Reset shampoo is another good product and have plenty of it. I know it's primarily meant for coatings but have used it on generic waxes at about 400:1 and it's been ok

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You ever checked correction by hand Dave? Also, what applicator?

Renault 5 GT Turbo
I've not got a pressure washer [emoji23]

That's fine. You don't need to use one.
A garden pump sprayer to get a spread of the pre wash on the car, then rinse down after a few minutes with a hose. You'll still pull some surface dirt away.

So I want to give the new TT some protection over winter.

The ambient temperature tomorrow will be circa 7c - is this too cold / inflict holgrams? Would I be better with a spray on LSP like Somax BSD or CarPro H2O?

You'll be fine to apply your wax.
Just try and do it earlier on before the dew point sets in. You might need to leave the wax a little longer before removing. The cold can slow down the cure time.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
You ever checked correction by hand Dave? Also, what applicator?

Tri foam applicator. Tend to initially worn it with the firmer white side before going back over it later with the softer black side.

Never followed it up with a wipe down to check true correction but it certainly fills pretty well.

Have you ever tried essence by machine on any firmer pads? So far I've mainly stuck to the carpro white gloss pads or similar but curious to know how well it'll finish with a more aggressive pad

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Brushes - Talk to me.

I have my Wheel Woolies and AF Hog Hair brushes but my cheaper selection are all falling to bits.
Don't want to spend a fortune but need a few for Wheel faces, working around badges etc.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
The Envy brushes always seemed to be highly regarded and I've had mine for years and they're still soldiering on. Not sure if there's any better ones about now for similar price.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Brushes - Talk to me.

I have my Wheel Woolies and AF Hog Hair brushes but my cheaper selection are all falling to bits.
Don't want to spend a fortune but need a few for Wheel faces, working around badges etc.

I always used the generic envy style or the black valet pro brushes. Then I got the autobrites dbs brush set and not used anything since. Didn't buy them direct though I can't remember who stocked them.
http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/index.php/the-dbs-detailing-brush-set-by-autobrite-direct.html

Brushes - Talk to me.

My envy brushes haven't moved from the shelf recently. A mix of Wheel Woolies and my slide lock brush is all I tend to need, fella.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Got my CarPro order in the other day
d565744b7d3a28d29b5e84ec0b694071.jpg

Free bottle of immolube, free delivery, and 10% off it all. Excellent service!

Is Trix any good? I bought it as the lazy option to help with decon before I put some hydro2 on over winter.

Got my CarPro order in the other day
d565744b7d3a28d29b5e84ec0b694071.jpg

Free bottle of immolube, free delivery, and 10% off it all. Excellent service!

Is Trix any good? I bought it as the lazy option to help with decon before I put some hydro2 on over winter.
Nice haul.
Usual thing with "All In Ones" - they're not as good as dedicated products. Tardis and IronX remain the best.