ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
HydrO2 freshly applied.

by9uzegu.jpg

y3yganet.jpg

I've never used anything that makes the paint feel that slick.

107 Track Car & C4
I am needing to get a new wax as my Dodo Juice has run out, can any recommend a good wax that won't break the bank and will work with all colours? I've got a Titanium 182 but will also be using it on blue Polo 6R. Looking up to the £40-45 mark.

Mini JCW
Finally got the car back, problem is i'm unsure which panels are still protected by Opti-Coat and which aren't. Tempted to just protect it with HydrO2 until next year so I can re-correct the fresh panels :(

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks mate. Starting to enjoy this cleaning malarkey and quite rewarding with a black car.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Read my thread you penis.

:eek: Sorry just seen.

"Steel wool and britemax twins on this one.

Little tip guys (came from one of Britain's top detailers) Tesco value wire wool with soap (like 12 bits for 40p). Pisses over any wire wool i've tried before."

Not a 320d
The last bath. Used ONR as the jetwash was closed. Really pleased with how well CQUK has held up against damage but then I guess ive covered 3000 miles since January this year.

image_zpsd0a84db8.jpg

image1_zps1c070faf.jpg

Not a 320d
Thanks mate. Starting to enjoy this cleaning malarkey and quite rewarding with a black car.

Yeah once you keep on top of them its no problem. Shame they show up finger marks and stuff so badly. the Missus has been trained to only touch the door handles and nothing else.

Golf GTD
Can someone explain QD to me please? When and how would you use it? Is it a quicker version of LSP? Or used as a top up?
Cheers

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Thanks. I guess it's more the spray pattern I like, but the only Cquartz bottles I have left are ironX and not really wanting to put reload through that

Golf GT & A4 Avant
A quick detailer is used after a general maintenance wash when your wax or sealant is still performing and doesn't need to be replaced, but using a QD after drying will give it that just waxed look again, some will have there own minimal protection and help improve water behaviour temporarily. You simply spray over a panel, wipe it around and buff off.

Golf GTD
A quick detailer is used after a general maintenance wash when your wax or sealant is still performing and doesn't need to be replaced, but using a QD after drying will give it that just waxed look again, some will have there own minimal protection and help improve water behaviour temporarily. You simply spray over a panel, wipe it around and buff off.
Cheers mate - I've ordered some of the Bouncers QD that seems to be popular at the minute. I'll give it a whirl this weekend and see how it looks. I take it that the QD will be wax safe?

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
So we have builders at the moment and I left my car parked on the drive today, and now there is dust coated over it ffs :rage: It needed a clean anyway tbh, will a normal careful wash be ok to get this sort of thing off? I don't have a pressure washer or snow foam

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
So we have builders at the moment and I left my car parked on the drive today, and now there is dust coated over it ffs :rage: It needed a clean anyway tbh, will a normal careful wash be ok to get this sort of thing off? I don't have a pressure washer or snow foam

Give it a good hosing off first. Make sure you're using the two bucket method and frequently washing the mitt off.

Personally I'd nip to a local petrol station etc where they have a pressure washer and give it a quick blast over there first.

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
Give it a good hosing off first. Make sure you're using the two bucket method and frequently washing the mitt off.

Personally I'd nip to a local petrol station etc where they have a pressure washer and give it a quick blast over there first.

Cheers, will do

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Cheers mate - I've ordered some of the Bouncers QD that seems to be popular at the minute. I'll give it a whirl this weekend and see how it looks. I take it that the QD will be wax safe?

The bouncers QD has only just been released so not had many reviews yet so

FF Artic 182
Plan to clean the car for PFC this weekend.
it had a rinse n polish last week but its not great.
I'm yet to get to grips or even use with the AF stuff ive got but here is my plan.

snowfoam
Decon - Carpro TR.IX
Wash - AF Lather
Clay - Megs
Polish - AG srp
Cleanse - AF rejuvenate
Wax - AF Spirit

Does this sound alright? Does the Cleanser act like a glaze?
Also have PB White Diamond glaze if not.

All will be done by hand. Any feed back greatly appreciated

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Wash before and after decon,
Use either or SRP/rej.

SRP is a filler polish and Rej is a cleanser / mild polish.

If you want to you can use Rej and then SRP if you have forearms of steel!?

FF Artic 182
Wash before and after decon,
Use either or SRP/rej.

SRP is a filler polish and Rej is a cleanser / mild polish.

If you want to you can use Rej and then SRP if you have forearms of steel!?
Well im not going to the gym this week so may awsell do both ;-)
Want the surface as good as possible before applying spirit.
Cheers Aucky

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
How can I make snowfoam thicker? New lance and Nilfish jetwash, haven't been mixing it with water though is that where I'm going wrong?

Uh, did you read the instructions?

And did you buy a lance, or just the crap that comes with the jetwash? Sadly those are no good and you need to buy a proper one.

You need a proper foam lance, then fill it 1-2 inches with snowfoam, and mix with water.