ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Twingo Dynamique
just cleaned, light hand polished, and then waxed (for my first ever time) my car ready for CSS.... i hope it doesnt rain between now and saturday midday at the earliest...

Anything quick and easy i can do if it does rain to get back to that "just-washed" look??

BMW E46 330i Touring
just cleaned, light hand polished, and then waxed (for my first ever time) my car ready for CSS.... i hope it doesnt rain between now and saturday midday at the earliest...

Anything quick and easy i can do if it does rain to get back to that "just-washed" look??

If its not being driven in the meantime then you can use a quick detailer to remove dust and add some gloss to the paint. If it's built up any layer of dirt though it'll need a re-wash really.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I have a feeling I will buckle soon and order some Gtechiq goodies at some point, all this talk makes me wants some.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I just do 2 panels at a time with any wax except Swisswax. I think Dave said you could leave Illusion a while but I never trust many waxes. I only had a play with illusion and it was easy on and off but wasn't on the panel long.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I just do 2 panels at a time with any wax except Swisswax. I think Dave said you could leave Illusion a while but I never trust many waxes. I only had a play with illusion and it was easy on and off but wasn't on the panel long.

Thanks mate, just about to wax the car now.

Should i damp the pad or leave it dry?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I try a very light spritz of QD but the wax loaded on the pad is enough usually.

Twingo Dynamique
So i get home today to find an area of little grit splatter... Doesnt look like it's just from rain though. Any suggestions on getting it off without having to wash it again....? :/

FF Racing Blue 182
So just about to give this prima amigo stuff a blast tonight with a yellow polish pad

How much should i be using and how much force should i be using also

Golf GT & A4 Avant
How long should i leave AF Illusion on before i wax off?

With the weather we've had in Essex today I have left illusion for an hour before removing. Swipe test isn't really required with it as its so oily. Provided it doesn't bake on in direct sunlight it's fine to leave

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I machine polished a van for a mate today, with the Gtecniq (sp) P1 that was recommended on here....

Bloody superb stuff! I was amazed with it tbh.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
With the weather we've had in Essex today I have left illusion for an hour before removing. Swipe test isn't really required with it as its so oily. Provided it doesn't bake on in direct sunlight it's fine to leave

Cheers dave, i did two panels at a time but the roof and bonnet i did on there own which worked fine.

More than happy with the results, its just what i was after.

Just need to seal it with C2V3 or AF Tough coat, haven't made my mind up which one to use. :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Cheers dave, i did two panels at a time but the roof and bonnet i did on there own which worked fine.

More than happy with the results, its just what i was after.

Just need to seal it with C2V3 or AF Tough coat, haven't made my mind up which one to use. :)

Don't use toughcoat over the top of illusion. It will go a little way to removing illusion. If anything it should be toughcoat with illusion over the top

C2 is a different type of sealant and bonds differently so might not be as bad.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah i'm a fan of wax looks but sealant performance. C2 can give that over a Bos/illusion/CTR style wax.

FF Racing Blue 182
So much choice on these products do yous guys stop when you find the best combination

Or does each paint colour react better with different stuff

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I've stopped at the moment because I find C2V3 so good.

Depends on the mood. Applying a beautiful wax is hard to replicate.

FF Racing Blue 182
thats what i need to buy a decent wax that is easy to apply/remove

well de-tarred the car today gave it a polish with amigo and topped it with tought coat happy days it looked ok

i must say meguiars tyre gel smells good and the difference bumper and trim gel made was amazing

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah they are just cheap alternative mate. Lots use then but they are pikey compared with the uber one and wooly mammoth.

RB 182
When shining up my exhaust I'm always left with blotches and tiny indentations around the tip.

AAexhaust_zps3994be50.jpg

Is it too far gone or can it be sorted with some special kind of polish?

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
When shining up my exhaust I'm always left with blotches and tiny indentations around the tip.

AAexhaust_zps3994be50.jpg

Is it too far gone or can it be sorted with some special kind of polish?

I bleieve when it has pitted like that, its too far gone. Prevention is the only way with this sort of thing. I would wait until a detailing guru comes along though just incase!