ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing a Porsche

Broken Diesel Megane :(
Girlfriends dad has asked me to do his 3.2 C reg 911 carrera sport. He is big into his old porsches and this is his latest.

Obv the car is old, but the paint looks to be in surprisingly good nick. Its black.

Basically he wants a total detail, interior, exterior and what i can get of engine bay.

this is the products i have:

megs shampoo gel stuff
clearkote quick detailer and sonus clay bar
spider web polish
scratch x
ag srp
m-seal
ag egp
butter wax
p21s
451 interior foam stuff
clarity window cleaner
bold n bright tyre shine
wonder wheels
lambswool mitt
autosol mtal polish
loads of applicators
loads of mf's

i have a PC so was gonna give it a good going over, which of the above would you use and what order/number of layers of each?

obv there will be pics to follow. just hought i would post up now in case there are any recommendations to get

thanks

Flol, but in all seriousness I remember spilling the bottle once at my Mum and Dads and it literally melted the driveway!

It may be useful on a C reg Porsches wheels if they have not been looked after though.

Personally for me I use household spec lol Leather polishes/cleaner.

Black fuchs with a polished lip............get some pictures up.

Old skool cool :D all you need is a white shirt some cuff links and red braces, Gordon Gekko eat your heart out!

i will get all the pics up next week mate, just hope the weather is good as there is snow forecast :-s

I've detailed a few older 911's - check detailing world for the threads

You will find the paint actually very hard unlike the recent waterbased porka paints.

As with any detail, process would be wash, clay, polish, and then either glaze, seal, wax or any combo of those three to include the wax or sealant stage.

ok was gonna:

wash
clay
wash
pc polish
seal (m-seal or egp or both?)
then good 2/3 layers p21s
dress wheels tyres

interior
hoover
clean upholstery
wipe down dash

106 GTi
M Seal and EGP won't work together.

IMO PC with whatever compounds/polishes you need to get it swirl free then Super Resin, EGP x 2 or 3 and a coat of P21s

Better than yours. C*nt.
dont get the wonder wheels in your eyes either... saying its sore would be understatement of the century!

Megs Wheel Brightener is the worst when you get the mist up your nose! I sneezed blood afterwards!!! :eek:

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
i no why wonder wheels doesnt come in a spray bottle.. i put it in a spray cleaner bottle and when i sprayed it, it blew back in my face and i inhaled a cloud.. thought i was dying for a few mins. and it also melted the spray mechinism and blocked it all up :S