ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

detailing a car

williams 3
i've had my williams for some time now, but i've never bothered washing it other than using wash and wax and a sponge, but the paint has awful scuffs on it for an old car cover and little scratches here and there, but you can see the colour underneath want's to come out again. what is the best way about getting the paint to look it's best again, but most importantly.....on a budget, any links/prices would be greatly appreciated. cheers.

Porsche Boxster987S
i've had my williams for some time now, but i've never bothered washing it other than using wash and wax and a sponge, but the paint has awful scuffs on it for an old car cover and little scratches here and there, but you can see the colour underneath want's to come out again. what is the best way about getting the paint to look it's best again, but most importantly.....on a budget, any links/prices would be greatly appreciated. cheers.

have a search in the detailing part of the forum mate. Machine polishing is the only way to correct the paint properly (ie removing swirls / scratches) If working by hand though try autoglym super resin polish , followed by autoglym extra gloss protection and then add a sealant or wax. Use a claybar after washing and before polishing. The autoglym products can be bought from halfords

In a word; Me.

A more serious answer is your best bet is to get the car machine polished. If you look in the media section there are several threads from people like myself and that man above me, Paul, where we have used a machine to turn a car looking like this;

IMG_7007.gif

into this;

IMG_7045.gif

Prices range massively, best to PM any of the detailers on here (AR, Paul, myself, The Boosh (luke) etc).

LoW clio Sh*t...&..
In a word; Me.

A more serious answer is your best bet is to get the car machine polished. If you look in the media section there are several threads from people like myself and that man above me, Paul, where we have used a machine to turn a car looking like this;

IMG_7007.gif

into this;

IMG_7045.gif

Prices range massively, best to PM any of the detailers on here (AR, Paul, myself, The Boosh (luke) etc).

F.*.*King LUSH! mate... haha..