ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailed: Trophy #321

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The plan was to do a write up but the picture with the other camera are that bad I can't use them. Apologies chaps. Look out for my correction one in the spring/summer with some Cquartz protection.

Full decon, Tardis, Iron X, Zaino Clay with VP Citrus Bling Clay Lube. People really still underestimate this stage. The colour of the car transformed after the decon stage before any polishing whatsoever.

Paintwork polished via DA with AF Tripple and 3M yellow, to brighten it up a bit, forgot my bloody Hex pads, they work so well with the DA.

Zaino Z5 layer, Z6 wipedown, waxed with my own Hybrid wax and a final wipe down with Vics QD (Such an impressive product).

Plastics all done with C4 (Thanks JD) Glass with 3 layers of G1. Tyres as ever megs endurance.

Fitted new number plate lamp, new rear badge and refitted newly painted roof rails and handles, they make such a difference. 2 things possibly letting the car down, wheels (I want 2118's possibly any swaps?) and the front bumper needs some attention but what a solid car.

Just some afters mostly crap same angle nonsense :eek: ... comments and criticism always welcome...

8521172299_7a67fdc6f7_z.jpg

8521163605_f05268ebb2_z.jpg

8522268958_72ce3aeed6_z.jpg

8521150549_954e695b53_z.jpg

8522160082_c796b98182_z.jpg

8521043215_97745659d0_z.jpg

8522152080_41bd1821f2_z.jpg

8521036129_26a89f18dc_z.jpg

8521024649_b729348465_z.jpg

Looks good! Cant wait to do a proper decontamination on my Meg, you can so loads of tiny black spots all over it. I did a quick pass with IronX today which helped a bit, I think claying will be the main thing to get rid of all that.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Anymore of the RS4? :cool:

It's a monster coilovers (too low now arches need painted), massive power. He's just ordered a GTR after selling his Focus RS.

Thanks for the comments chaps! I know it's just another Trophy. Just squeezing that extra look out the paint is key. It will be on another level after correction.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely Kev, really jealous, wish mine looked half as good as #321.

Hate to nit-pick but that front plate looks a bit odd - it doesn't fill the gap enough and it's not quite central? :eek:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's slightly off centre but I don't want it to fill the recess they look silly. Too much white at either side. 3/4 ones are to thin.

BG FF 182
Looks bloody lovely that, hate to be picky but is it just me or is your passenger side washer blank on the wonk?

Last edited:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
FFS! I want mine back!

Looks AWESOME Kev. f**king ace.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Looks bloody lovely that, hate to be picky but is it just me or is your passenger side washer blank on the wonk?

It does look a bit more slanted i'll check tomorrow. :)

car looks great and i wish my headlights looked like that

They are actually needing a good wetsand if i'm honest!

Very nice Gally.:cool:

Thanks chap!

FFS! I want mine back!

Looks AWESOME Kev. f**king ace.

Photography isn't even close to yours mate nor is the car! Miss your bus! :eek:

Thanks mate!

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Great work Gally, looks much better out in the sun, great shine/sparkle

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks chap. I get good sun and sunset at our house ideal for pics. Look forward to the summer.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks mate. I had loads of 50/50s but didn't post for fear of abuse...

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Flol.. I sat and read that thread last night.. ^

Looks great Kev! Wish i had the ability to use a Machine Polisher :(

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
It looks lovely, mate. Capsicum Red can look fantastic when done properly. I look forward to seeing the results of the correction! (I had my mate James at Ti22 do mine and was blown away by the results!) Cheers for posting up the pics. :D

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It looks lovely, mate. Capsicum Red can look fantastic when done properly. I look forward to seeing the results of the correction! (I had my mate James at Ti22 do mine and was blown away by the results!) Cheers for posting up the pics. :D

I actually just read that one again last week mate. Very tidy! Major work involved with this lacquer! I swear my TT was easier to correct than the last 172 I did.

Good, I can't understand why you'd want to damage the paint by etching 3M tape patterns into it tbh..

on another note, Capsicum! So rewarding.

Yeah that low tac tape can upset the paint leaving it uneven!

Thanks again for the comments chaps.

Looks great Kev - expected nothing less ;)

How far did you get with the 4? Enough for plastic lights too?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Very nice mate looks spotless.

Makes me even more eager to decontaminate mine and get some of the tripple.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
It's definitely the best time of day to show Capsicum off. Looks incredible!