ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailed Impreza RB320

Not sure if it the same dude. I did hear the other day of a bloke with a new (un touched) astra nurenburgring (sp) - apparently he didn't let the stealers touch it before he picked it up, when he came to collect it. He trailered it away from the stealers !

He detailed it, without it being driven. He made them keep all of the protective shizz & stickers on it too.

Someone mocked him, so he detailed his dyson & put up a thread about it.
Legend !

I dunno if it's the same dude with the blue vxr, they way they said it to me was that it was the same dude.

yeh that guy did take it straight for a detail,the car hadnt been touched by he stealers
but was still covered in swirls!
and the guy who done the detail is probly the best in the buisness.
iirc a shiek paid him to go over to dubai and detail 9 high end cars.
including two veyrons.think his fee was 9k plus all his expenses were paid for aswell.
search it on dw really interesting read.
gal/
Yeah that's him. Something like two weeks out there detailing cars. The dude's making the cash from it though ! Fair play to him :cool:

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
gally (or someone) can you post link to the thread on DW about the dubai guy? i canny find it :(

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
yeh although i like dw the way they talk about him is pretty sad
someguy even put paul d*****n to hide his name!
he's not fricking jesus!
again fair play the man has a talent!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
anytime sweetness.;)
dont think the vxr one is anygood afterall the vids from dw are the best
and im not sure where the final write up/photos are.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
You should see the fella on there with an Astra VXR.

Brand new car and he PC'd the headlights because they were swirly.

Wow

Thats VXRMarc he sometimes helps the guy whos the boss of Miracle detail featured on Top Gear , if your good and got a reputation you will make alot of money out of it.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
you only have to look at the finish on the vxr compared with it coming from the stealers
its in a different league.

clio 1.2 16v
yer the car stays clean until u drive on a normal road for a couple of days ..

imo i dont relli see the point in spending soo much time

take up a sport if u got soo much time ;)

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
It's a job, he's getting paid for it. Unless you're very good at your sport, and it's popular, you don't get paid for it.

clio 1.2 16v
well he is veryy goood at his job but what is the point relli it will stay that clean for about 23 minutes :S pointlesss

clio 172 cup
have u guys seen the price of sum of that wax he uses?
if its his job and hes getting that much 4 it then gd on him i say sure better than my job

I say fair play to the dude, the market is there for it. He is very good at his job so therefore he can charge a whack :cool:

water_1990, sure it may only stay that clean for a bit, but when they come to clean it again it'll be a hell of a lot easier to do :)

Why wouldn't he just type zymol? or what ever it is.
I wondered the same thing, I guess he doesn't want to advertise them.

Each pic had his tnb over the word (well the z) Plue he's only write z**** on his thread.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My mate works for Audi.

He sold a S4 Cab (brand new) to a guy who was a detailer. The guy requested at point of order that NOBODY touch his car when it came in. He then proceeded to spend 3 days in the Valeting bay working on it before he let his own wife collect it.

f**king madness.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Why wouldn't he just type zymol? or what ever it is.
I wondered the same thing, I guess he doesn't want to advertise them.

Each pic had his tnb over the word (well the z) Plue he's only write z**** on his thread.

i looked on DW forum and its because zymol kicked up a massive fuss about copy write issues etc etc on the forum and threatened court action etc.

wheneveryou type zymol now it just comes out like that.

apparently :)

Focus ST-2
this guy does have issues, i'm amazed it's not locked in an air tight garage after that. i absolutely love the car and think it may need rescuing from this lunatic.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
this guy does have issues, i'm amazed it's not locked in an air tight garage after that. i absolutely love the car and think it may need rescuing from this lunatic.

Just decided to wade right in without reading either the subject thread, or this thread eh? And also to attempt a joke based on it - brave.

It'll please you to know though that the 'lunatic' doing the cleaning was merely doing his job, for the owner of the car who 'rescued' it from him once it was done. Then paid him.

All that information was available on the first page of the subject thread, and pretty much every page of this thread. But, at least you know now and can sleep at night :)

Shed.
well he is veryy goood at his job but what is the point relli it will stay that clean for about 23 minutes :S pointlesss

Actually its not. Its now at a point where after a careful wash it will look the s**t again. It is also easier to keep on top of. I did it with my dad's colt, to about the same extent only i dont have a wetvac yet. Now i need to wash it carefully each month and then wax it and seal the wheels. Nothing hard to do now and itl still look good.

Shed.

Why? because he did his job ?

or because he did it to such a level that it was perfect. I find doing a car on that kind of level very relaxing tbh and the results are also rewarding.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Why? because he did his job ?

or because he did it to such a level that it was perfect. I find doing a car on that kind of level very relaxing tbh and the results are also rewarding.
yeh i agree. most ive done to mine is clay srp and egp then seal with a wax but that guy is a completly different level and i have upmost respect for him. plus hes getting paid for enjoying himself? ghey as it may be i enjoy giving my car a thorough clean every now and again. looks brill and is so much easyer to wash when its done