ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailed a Cooper S GP Works today

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
This car has grown on me since doing this today. Will upload pictures tomorrow at some point.

Didn't bother claying it as the car was new and the paint was pretty much free from imperfections. Think I may need to start charging more though!

If anyone wants their car doing give me a shout.

We went to a pub to take some photos of the motor and were told to leave! The mardy cow wasn't bothered that we were coming inside for a drink afterwards. One of the most rude women I have encountered in a long time.

Anyway, this car came up wonderfully and I was very pleased/proud of my work.

The problem at the minute is I'm having trouble finding more cars to clean. Does anyone have any tips on how I can market myself and get some more jobs doing cars?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
get a Pc and do more jobs take photos then start a website, the professionals with the can etc will always attract attention, if u can show photos of before and after with defect correction, people will be impressed

IMG_2688Medium.jpg

IMG_2686Medium.jpg

IMG_2685Medium.jpg

IMG_2684Medium.jpg

IMG_2683Medium.jpg

IMG_2682Medium.jpg

IMG_2681Medium.jpg

IMG_2680Medium.jpg

IMG_2679Medium.jpg

IMG_2678Medium.jpg

IMG_2677Medium.jpg

IMG_2676Medium.jpg

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Looks very nice.

My friend has one in Japan with a Muguen exhaust on. Sounds very good.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
...and the wheels, mirrors, callipers and federal-spec side reflectors

not to mention the subtle production number on the roof! :(

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
That is clean but my god are they ghastly. Lots of stick on tat IMO. The skirts make it look like it has swollen lymph nodes like the bloke on Van Wilder.

How much do you charge PB and where are you based?

I used Turtlewax car shampoo and washed with halfords lambs wool wash mitt
Then the stage 2 Meguiars polish
then meguiars gold class wax.
autoglym vinyl & rubber care on plastic bits
autoglym glass polish on glass obviously
meguiars hot shine tyre shine
some generic metal polish for tailpipes
Wonder wheels on the wheels as there was oil deposits on them that would not come off with shampoo.

Thats about it I think. The car looked amazing in the flesh once I had finished with it and I was very pleased with my work if I do say so myself.

Any more questions please feel free.

Mk4 .:R32
I think it looks pretty good, especially compared to the normal cooper s!! You could get more for your money though considering they are about 22/23 grand, and probably about 18 grand for a second hand one!

Mito Sportiva 135
They look a lot better in the flesh, very solidly put together. I can see why people don't like them as they aren't exactly subtle, but a wicked piece of kit that destroys most other cars. Good engine note too.

Personally I like the wheels. The only design criticism I have is the colour of the wing mirrors, would get them resprayed body colour or replace with the carbon fibre ones.

Yeah the owner of this one is getting some body coloured ones, obviously keeping the red ones for resale.

I didn't like the spoiler stuck on the back, but the whole car is growing on me.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Only one i'd have, but hate the rear spoiler :( what bhp do they run?

Camel
A friend of mine has just bought one still a girls car if you ask me, dont like them, but you made a very good job of detailing it another friend just got his scort detailed heres a pic

gcompout5kv7600x450ne4.gif

VX220 Turbo
only comment i can make is looks pretty good, need to pay attention to cleaning the inside of wheels though if i'm doing a proper job on my cars i take each wheel off clean it and polish the inside and face to protect them, also clean the struts, springs and all areas behind the wheels while the wheels off, just little finishing touches really,

i used the 3 stage meguires the other day but substituted stage 3 with my zymol titanium as i feel it's better.

need to teach myself to machine polish to get rid of swirl marks next

Yeah I sometimes take my own wheels off as well, but not really convenient for the customer if I start taking his wheels off!

Going to buy a PC when I get the dosh.

ITB BG 182
The problem at the minute is I'm having trouble finding more cars to clean. Does anyone have any tips on how I can market myself and get some more jobs doing cars?
Yea tell me you can get perminatly rid fo the freaking swirls and my car is your for a day/night plus bevies/beers

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Rob, good job again ;)

He clayed & cleaned my wifes car so good that it sold first call :D

Yea tell me you can get perminatly rid fo the freaking swirls and my car is your for a day/night plus bevies/beers

:rofl:

I'm planning on getting a Porter Cable mate. As I'm el skinto at the minute its not going to happen for a couple of months.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Yes, got the quick clay with detailer.

Tried on the boot, takes a while but came up smooth as;)