ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Destructive Misfire - 182 - Coil Pack & Injectors

Clio Sport 182
I've been having a problem with the 182 for a while now. Every now and then when I accelerate above 2500rpm the car will hold back and when I take my foot of the accelerator it will backfire (not all the time).

So I changed the plugs & leads and things were ok for a while but it's continuing to happen and when the car has been idling for 5-10 minutes the engine light will come on.

I went to the garage to see if any codes would come up and it found a Destructive Misfire OBD. I've looked on the forum and seen that it's a fairly common problem and the next stage is to either replace the coil pack or the injectors.

I'm going to change the coil pack first because that's the cheapest place to start. Does anyone recommend any brands for the coil pack?

Thank you!

330i. E30 Touring.
Buy a known used:

Coilpack,
leads
lambda sensor.

And swap them all out at once. That lot from a breaker should cost you £40 or so plus post. @stevem42 is local, so is @midge

Both will have bucket loads of genuine good ones kicking about.

stevem42

ClioSport Club Member
  Silver182 and RB 182
Thanks budgie for the mention
I'm in Worthing bn14 got loads of parts on shelf with workshop you more than welcome come and try parts to eliminate also got diagnostic computer
Thanks
What you're describing sounds like injector fault causing lambda reading to rocket causing eml light to come on

I go with injectors. Did you get the error code as it can tell you which cylinder it may be coming from. Code starts p02_ _ usually for misfire codes. So 01 would be cylinder one for example - P0201. Hope this makes sense.