ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Desperate help for car insurance

106 Quicky
I know there is no such thing as cheap insurance at my age (17) but i am getting daft quotes from everywhere, e.g £3,400 is my cheapest quote so far. I am not looking for £900-£1,200 cheap just around about £1,900 - £2,500, Anybody know any insurance companies that are around the price?

All help is Appreciated..

have a look on moneysavving expert there a guide takes some time but is good.

Try to limit your milage and let other older preferably females drive the car but removing people can sometimes make it cheaper so you need to mess about.

Own policy at 17/18 with 0 ncb. No matter what car it is your minimun is 2,500 for 3rd party. You should of realised that by now.

No car
Try Co-operative, They WERE Cheap When I First Started Driving! Put An older person with sh1t loads of No claims bonus and driving experience.

I was trying to help find the new apprentice at work car insurance for when he turns 17 next Month, and I couldn't find anything under £3000! Joke.

If I was getting those sorts of quotes I'd forget driving all together and wait a year or two because 3k is serious amount of money.

Best of luck to you though mate.

106 Quicky
I was trying to help find the new apprentice at work car insurance for when he turns 17 next Month, and I couldn't find anything under £3000! Joke.

If I was getting those sorts of quotes I'd forget driving all together and wait a year or two because 3k is serious amount of money.

Best of luck to you though mate.
Cheers Mate, Just got a quote for £2,777 at ingenie insurance.

Yeah but what I've found is a 1.2 to insure is 290 a month. Where as I've blagged my 172 for 410 a month. For a extra 120 I know what I would rather drive :D just bit the bullet and get insured

106 Quicky
Yeah but what I've found is a 1.2 to insure is 290 a month. Where as I've blagged my 172 for 410 a month. For a extra 120 I know what I would rather drive :D just bit the bullet and get insured
I am 17 not 35 lol and even if i did pay 5k a year i wont be able to put petrol in it :/

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

it actually makes me feel physically sick knowing how much money you throw down the pan evry month just to come on here and brag about having a 172 at 19!

it truly beggars belief!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
paying 5K for insurance on any clio is stupid! As i already said ring NFU and they might be able to sort you out

Lmao bragging about a 172? I bought the car as I liked the look, didn't know it was a 2 litre, and I have never bragged about it lol

400 a month is pennies if you earn 2 grand a month. Doesn't bother me. Nice interior xeonons ect

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Lmao bragging about a 172? I bought the car as I liked the look, didn't know it was a 2 litre, and I have never bragged about it lol

400 a month is pennies if you earn 2 grand a month. Doesn't bother me. Nice interior xeonons ect

You didn't know it was a 2 litre?

Oh...

Ph1 T

2 grand a month at 19 not bad

Yep didn't know it was a 2 litre as I had only just passed my test.

I didn't know what any litre and car was and I didn't give a s**t, other things I had my mind on.

I liked the look and interior then found to its pretty quick and took it.

Everyones way too worried what the next guy is doing compared to them and want to slate each other about how much so and so paid for what. Its stupid

Yep didn't know it was a 2 litre as I had only just passed my test.

I didn't know what any litre and car was and I didn't give a s**t, other things I had my mind on.

I liked the look and interior then found to its pretty quick and took it.

Everyones way too worried what the next guy is doing compared to them and want to slate each other about how much so and so paid for what. Its stupid

I had my 172 at 19 (I'm now 20) and I was paying £100 a month which I thought was ridiculous.

No matter what wage your on that £400 is buying lunch for the owner of the insurance company.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm on £2k a month + whatever overtime I get, and I still won't pay £400 of that every month to drive a Clio! My outgoings don't even reach what your insurance cost! I'd rather have the ammount of disposable income I have than spunk £400 a month up the wall!

Bragging... More than once you've mentioned the words Clio sport or 172 and 19 in the same sentence, not to mention dissing your mates because they're not driving a 2.0 at 19

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I don't care! Like I said beggars belief that someone could just waste that amount of money every month!

Op is fooked so no one can help him. It's life if you can't afford it you dint have it! Or if you can afford it and your stupid enough to pay it then you need your head examined!

I knew as soon as I opened this thread Chale would be in here piping on about how he hemorrhages away his money on insurance.

330Ci cab
OP - if you haven't got an RS of any type, i would highly recommend Brentacre 01792650933, tiny little brokers in swansea but they are s**t hot. at your age you must know insurance on an RS is going to be extortionate and its because they dont want you driving these cars with no experience etc... nice cars come with age, experience, and if you have it in abundance, money. my first car was a mk1 fiesta 1.1, cost me £150 and insurance was £800 15 years ago and i doubt rates like that have changed.

anyway, hope they can help you

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
£1800 on a 1.2 clio.

Pay yearly - monthly payments incur a charge.
Add an extra driver, but make sure you're the main driver.
Crank up the excess (but don't crash!)
Keep the car standard for now. Mods cost more.

Last edited:

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

that too lol.

cant wait till hes about 21, wants a house but cant afford a deposit because he spunked all his money when he was younger and he now no longer earns 2k a month.

chale, i could always do with that extra couple of quid in my bank, if your so intent on spunking it up the wall can you send it my way instead? im sure your fellow CS members wouldnt say no to a donation either! nice one!