ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Desktop pc for Uni

Honda civic ep2 05
Ok well after a desktop pc unit for uni, have a decent spec laptop which has served me well for almost 3 years now but would really need a more powerful pc for this year.

Would need to be highspec and quick, will be used for video editing, multimedia projects, gaming etc.
Been looking at a few units on ebay which seem decent enough generally:
-quadcore
-1tb hardrive
-Least 2gb Ram
-Decent graphics card
-wireless network card

Any suggestions on what to look for / avoid.

Honda civic ep2 05
Look for - AMD
The one i saw on ebay was listed as:
AMD Athlon II X4 635 AM3
11.60 GHz
(4x 2.90 GHz)
MASSIVE QUAD CORE
11,600 MHz

Budget wise havent really set one just resonable and if i can justify the money, offcourse cheaper the better.

Have never used an apple computer before (apart from iphone) so not sure how i would get on with it, also the uni doesnt have any avaible for use.

Im currently running my custom build with :

Intel i5-750 Quad Core at 2.67Ghz
4GB Corsair Dominator RAM
XFX GTX260

can build one with this kind of spec for around £500/£600

I would highly recommend the i5 quad with its turbo boost

if your not going to use a MAC in uni, i honestly wouldn't bother, compatibility beetween windows and MAC Adobe software is mindblowingly stupid. some have cross os support and some dont. We use MACs and PC's in uni and honestly if you build a PC thats capable it will be better than the iMACs your uni would use.

172 Cup
The one i saw on ebay was listed as:
AMD Athlon II X4 635 AM3
11.60 GHz
(4x 2.90 GHz)
MASSIVE QUAD CORE
11,600 MHz

Budget wise havent really set one just resonable and if i can justify the money, offcourse cheaper the better.

Have never used an apple computer before (apart from iphone) so not sure how i would get on with it, also the uni doesnt have any avaible for use.

FPMSL...

Typical eBay...

S3, Polo
The Big O

Future-proof (for a few years).

At the top of the page, click on "CPU Magazine Configuration"

Then scroll down and look at the price... :dead:

:D

Last edited: