ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Desktop help!!

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
over the last few weeks my desktop has been playing up screen kept freezing then started flashing between a black screen and the page I was viewing?, also the pointer would have a coloured box about 20mm sq instead of the pointer, I have also had screens come up when booting like the old spectrum zx+2 when loading a game LOL
today it decided not to work at all so I took out the graphics card gave it a clean (upon doing this I noticed the fan wires were inside the heatsink stoping the fan spinning) never took it apart before so been like it for about 3 years, I tried updating the drivers a few weeks ago this did not cure it.
do you think my graphics card is knackered or could it be somthing else.
BTW the computer will start to boot up and I will get the windows xp screen and loading bar but that is it.
pc is a advent t9208
grapics card is the nvidia geforce 7300se like this one http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...ges?q=nvidia+geforce+7300+se&gbv=2&hl=en&sa=X
I would like to sort it myself but don't know a lot about computers, what other graphics cards will fit (and the cheaper the better LOL)

any help would be great
Thanks
Mark