ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DEPHASER PULLY

clio 172 megane 265
well i got the belts done on my ph1 and i got the dephaser pully done as well all went well for about 100 miles then engine started 2 make a knocking noise its only tere in low revs i took it back and they took the timing belt off again and said the dephaser was faulty out of the box i asked what made them think that and they said that you could move the pully with the cams locked???? does anyone know if this true or just s**te sorry for the long post
CHEERS:S:S

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Faults do happen as no manufacturer can say with 100% certainty that there products have a 100% reliability rate but did they "lock" the new pulley before fitting it? I've not done one on an F4R in a while now... everything is K4J/M at the minute and I believe they come pre-locked from Renault now. Are we sure they fitted a brand spanking new unit also?

Mick

LY R26 #288
well i got the belts done on my ph1 and i got the dephaser pully done as well all went well for about 100 miles then engine started 2 make a knocking noise its only tere in low revs i took it back and they took the timing belt off again and said the dephaser was faulty out of the box i asked what made them think that and they said that you could move the pully with the cams locked???? does anyone know if this true or just s**te sorry for the long post
CHEERS:S:S
what a load of crap, why would they have fitted it if they knew it was faulty