ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dephaser need changing? With Vid

Clio 172
th_00021.jpg

It sounds a little exagerrated in the video, the car was cold I had only just started it up would it be better taking a video once warm?

Just need to know if its on the way out or not lol

Clio 172
Right, warmed it up. Heres the vid

th_20121002_232134.jpg

Not good?

my batt and Stop light were coming on earlier so I assume alternator? if so its all gotta come off anyway so might as well get it done in one big hit..

Clio 172
yup thats the dephaser alright!! mine sounds as rough as that :( more irritating/embarresing if anything!!

Clio 172
Bugger :(

So if its just the dephaser and aux belt what am I looking at?

If it needs an alternator too whats that going to be on top?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Cambelt kit, aux belt kit and dephaser, Oil and filter, fitted, about £550-600 depending on who does it.

Secondhand alternator, £30-40.

Clio 172
Going to Ren-Tech in Pompey, will check the reciepts see if the cambelt kit was done before, if so should only be the cambelt that needs changing surely? It was literally a couple months ago lol I know these things are a bit of a pain tho.

£600 is a bit ouch, bit I expected it tbh. Good job i'm selling my old fiesta coilovers lol

Clio 172
could this be the top end? it sounds more like it's coming from the top end. than the side of the engine..

Clio 172
Is it definately the dephaser? are you all 100% as the noise sounds like its coming from the middle of the top end its louder there than the near the cambelt..