ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dephaser change question?

Tav

Clio 197
Clio is getting the big ol' cambelt service in the next few weeks. 36k miles and 5 years old (nearly). I'm thinking of getting the dephaser changed as it does tick when warm and it's better to be safe than sorry at a later date.

Renault quoted £121.19 for the part. They also suggested I needed another pulley at £71.75. I assume this would be the pulley for the other camshaft? I'm also thinking that if this is a 'normal' pulley I don't need it changed and it'll happily solider on without being changed.

Looking for confirmation from some of the wise old heads on Clio Sport re. this issue.

Renault in Brehcin have been great and offered me a good deal on a combined service and cambelt change. Fantastic experience so far, if I give them the work I hope they'll follow through.

Ph1
You dont need to change the other pulley (exhaust pulley).

1x aux and 1x cambelt kits iirc + dephaser if you need it