ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Demon Tweeks Coilovers

Renault Clio MK4 RS
i havent said i am buying them for definate, im sure a lot of you have done things that arnt legal before so dont go giving me hate for doing something illegal. I bet a lot of you do illegal things everyday.

340i
I am actually lost for words.

well, I am not... But anything I want to say will upset the misunderstood OP.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
i havent said i am buying them for definate, im sure a lot of you have done things that arnt legal before so dont go giving me hate for doing something illegal. I bet a lot of you do illegal things everyday.
I stopped reading the posts on this thread a while ago.

People are only giving you advice, stop trying to twist your own posts and make out like they're hypothetical.

As said, borrowing for poo coilovers is stupid. Borrowing for poo coilovers for a 1.2 that you already pay thousands to insure then not declare it is just lunacy.

If I were you, I wouldn't post asking for advice and opinions in the future if you aren't willing to listen.

Astra (H) VXR
Possibly wouldn't announce that your not going to insure them, but I would bet my life that there are plenty of people on here with modified cars that are not declared on their insurance

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Jordan.... You're a r****d.

Cheers, But what a pointless post.

Have you found out how much it would bump up your insurance?

To your original question about sizes. Your car will most likely have 52mm bolt spacing. Measure it to make sure.

Thanks for making the effort to actually give me some advice, ill have a check some time when im free :)

I am actually lost for words.

well, I am not... But anything I want to say will upset the misunderstood OP.

No go on, may aswell tell me now.

I hope you get caught with void insurance and ride a push bike for the next 8 years. Jusayin'

And again what a pointless post. I could hope a lot of things on you but id rather not waste my time.

Advice?

Don't buy coilovers for your car, you can't afford them.

When you can afford them, buy them and inform your insurer.

Despite what you may think, CS doesn't condone insurance fraud. I personally would be f**ked off beyond belief if I needed to claim on someones insurance, only to find out they hadn't declared their 500mm drop on coilovers, leaving me out of pocket.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Advice?

Despite what you may think, CS doesn't condone insurance fraud. I personally would be f**ked off beyond belief if I needed to claim on someones insurance, only to find out they hadn't declared their 500mm drop on coilovers, leaving me out of pocket.

Thanks for the advice, i thought it wouldnt effect other road users unless they didnt have parts declared on theirs?

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Advice?

This.

If you fit financed cheap s**t coilovers without declaring insurance, pure wankstain.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Thanks for the advice, i thought it wouldnt effect other road users unless they didnt have parts declared on theirs?

No, what if you crash into somebody? You have no insurance. How would they claim? They could go down the route of suing you.

OP:

If the finance is 0% then fine. Finance them. Anything more than that, you're paying interest, and take this as life advice, you should avoid paying interest if you can.

Insurance wise, pay the premium, if you get caught with void insurance, you'll still be paying finance on those coilovers that got crushed when you couldn't afford to insure your car because you are now on the fraud list, so the police wouldn't let you take the car from the compound, so they turned it into a baked bean can.

As for CS, you'll get hate if you ask for advice and then don't like peoples responses. Yes, people are harsh on here, but the world isn't made of cotton candy.

HTH.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
Tbh if I was struggling to find £250 quid I'd be re evaluating where my money was going. And yes I've been hard up before. The best thing I did was stop spending money on things that I didn't really need. Now with a house it's just good to be surviving.....

however if you really want things and feel that you work hard enough for them then why not? Just be wary of poor finance deals and like people have said insurance is a minefield.

172 cup
Have you thought of the worst case scenario here? you buy the coilovers on finance and don’t declare them on insurance.

2 days later you crash and kill someone. Then spend several years in prison as you had no insurance, at which point you cant pay your finance.

once you serve your time you come out with a criminal record and financially ruin for £250 coilovers.

seriously is it worth it?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member

Maybe they do but they don't tell everyone on the forum.

As for finance don't do it I was a knob when I first passed my test and took finance on a £250 sub realistically any money I was earning I needed so it made it a right bother paying it off and it did my head in. Spent over a year paying off poxy little payments god knows what it cost me in the end done my head in was just glad to have it paid and behind me.

Although I am kind of glad I did do that as its put me off going for finance on much bigger things since then.

Last edited:
  Renault Clio MK4 RS
Tbh if I was struggling to find £250 quid I'd be re evaluating where my money was going. And yes I've been hard up before. The best thing I did was stop spending money on things that I didn't really need. Now with a house it's just good to be surviving.....

however if you really want things and feel that you work hard enough for them then why not? Just be wary of poor finance deals and like people have said insurance is a minefield.

I work on a minimum wage job at 19 and live about 25miles away from my work place, so i do about 250miles a week to work, not to mention if i use the car on a weekend i could be doing about 300-350miles a week. my insurance is just over £270 a month on tpf&f. i pay board which is £120 a month. petrol which is about £160-£200 a month depending. Parking which is £40 a month. The rest i can spend to myself which is about £120 abouts... :p and i do want some but the factors of trying to pay the extra on my insurance which will probably be a good few hundred as they try to squeeze every penny out of us young drivers. If we sneeze in the car we will soon be getting charged for it!

OP:

If the finance is 0% then fine. Finance them. Anything more than that, you're paying interest, and take this as life advice, you should avoid paying interest if you can.

Insurance wise, pay the premium, if you get caught with void insurance, you'll still be paying finance on those coilovers that got crushed when you couldn't afford to insure your car because you are now on the fraud list, so the police wouldn't let you take the car from the compound, so they turned it into a baked bean can.

As for CS, you'll get hate if you ask for advice and then don't like peoples responses. Yes, people are harsh on here, but the world isn't made of cotton candy.

HTH.

Yeah i know, i probably wont be getting coilovers for a while then i suppose :/