ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Demon Shine???

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Is this stuff any good?

Can someone give me a rundown on how to best apply it?

(I'm thinking of buying a bulk of it to use when cleaning the cars on the forecourt...)

I bought loads. You basically wash your car as normal, fill a bucket with water and a bit of Demon Shine, pour it al over it using a jug or something, and drive off. As you drive off it dries the car and leaves it shiny shiny! Proper instructions are on the tub :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Is it ok on windows?

Now obviously I can't drive off to dry the car as theres about 30 cars on the forecourt, will just leaving it be ok??

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I like it - spray it on, leave it for a few mins then run over the car with a clean microfibre

133, 182, Kangoo 182
You can litterally spray it on and wipe it off so don't have to worry about driving to dry it.

Please clean the car prior to this though or you'll just be wiping in dirt :(

The above are for the little (expensive) bottles of spray. The big tubs are where it's at. You can use a drying towel Daniel instead of driving off.

The best thing for a quick drive off, Daniel. It was on offer in either Asda or Morrisons recently, but they all sold out and Detailing World is the cause. People were bulk buying (and I mean spending upwards of £50). Perfectly safe on windows.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I just pour it from the big tubs into my first used small spray - easy peasy!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
ive got 50 litres of this left (was on special at £2 per 5litres at the start of the year) i normaly wash the car, rinse then spray this all over witha trigger bottle then dry off with a plush towel. Easy quick shine, i rate it.

ITB BG 182
Get one of them pump sprayers like this.
FloMaster1GalPumpSprayer.jpg

Get a bigger one though. I have a 25liters one, spray all over in a finer mist, couple of mins then dry off with a MF cloth.
And DemonShine is ok on my BG clio.

I like the stff tbh I wash my car rinse then while wet spray it on and wipe over with a clean cloth. I use it on my windows and plastic and ive never had no problem. If you have got big pour on bottles of the stuff I dilute it 1/3 demon shine 2/3 water.

Just to point out, the DWers like it because you can do a contact less drying stage... not as a wipe off product. It does also work well as a clay lube.

Owen

ClioSport Admin
How does that work JD? Is it like spraying the car with Megs last touch? And if they are not wiping it off, how do they dry the car?

Same as megs lt fella, yes.

They drive off. Idea behind it is it traps the water molecules in a bubble of demon shine compound and this runs off the car panels more easily as it has less friction than water.

Honda & VW
Surely, like products such as snow foam this would/should be used as an aid rather than a direct replacement for a lengthier process.
I used to use this years ago after getting a free bottle with a magazine, just bought some more to use as a helping hand with the midweek clean.

Purely depends on the time you have. I use it when I have no time (or wishes in this weather!!) to dry the car. It means I can zoom off straight away without worrying too much about water spotting marks.

No, it is in no way a replacement, but drying is a major cause of marring, so a touchless drying method is not something to be sniffed at.

soon to be 182 ;)
so if you use this then drive off your car will in effect be dry when you come back so you can polish wax etc? or have i got it wrong what this does?

Your car will be dry, but will be dirty again. This is NOT a get around of drying during a process (before polishing/sealing etc). It is a quick fix to give some good gloss for a week or so, if you don't have time to dry the car.

AUDI A5 s-sline
i have this but i wasnt 100% how to use it, so when i next wash my car ill use this and go for a drive! :). when i last washed my car i new it was cold but not as cold as it was and the soapy water froze to my car! :( lol.

Monaco 53/468
Brilliant stuff, leaves a nice deep glossy shine. My old Monaco looked the tits after I used this on it.

If in a rush I would sometimes just wash the car as normal, then once I had rinsed the suds off I would spray a light mist of Demon Shine over it, wait a minute, then rinse it off - done. Dries fine, glossy and slick as funk.

I rate it.

Clio 172
I just use it to help when using my (now pink) drying towel. In terms of shine it doesnt compare to red mist but then it is a lot cheaper. Cant be that bad I keep buying it

clio 182 black /gold
This is £4 each or two for a fiver at asda. They have various cleaning stuff on offer.

Clio 182
Autosmart tango is great! It's normally bought in bulk as they dont sell it to halfords etc. Just wash the car rinse the car, then whilst it's wet, spray it on (can be used on glass too) rub it in with a sponge then rinse. Dead easy mate.:cool:

172 /megane cab
Just got that asda deal goin to give it a go in a spray bottle at the weekend

By the looks of it this deal ain't goin to end lol

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Autosmart tango is great! It's normally bought in bulk as they dont sell it to halfords etc. Just wash the car rinse the car, then whilst it's wet, spray it on (can be used on glass too) rub it in with a sponge then rinse. Dead easy mate.:cool:

Pmsl @ rub it in with a sponge! Nice!

Listerine & Poledo
I thought this stuff just burnt all your paint off?

or is that just if you dont drive off / wipe off after you've applied it?