ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Demo Car Pics with 15 TFT

Hi

If you havent seen them already, the pics of the Evil I.C.E. demo car are now hosted at:

<A target=_blank href= "http://www.evilice.freeservers.com/U color=#606420www.evilice.freeservers.com/U

Now included is a pic of what the front end used to look like before it was "modified" by a flood.

If you want to have a browse or make any comments feel free to do so.
If anyone would like a build or prices for system components please e-mail us at mailto:sales@evilice.co.uk">U color=#0000ffsales@evilice.co.uk/U

Thanks

Russ
<A target=_blank href= "http://www.evilice.co.uk/U color=#606420www.evilice.co.uk/U

Lionel Richie

Bloody hell, is that screen big enough!!!!!!!!! Nice looking car, must be a bit loud in there!!!!

It does get a bit loud yes. It hasnt been metered but its somewhere between 143 and 147db. The screen looks sweet on games and DVDs. Its a good job its removable though otherwise there would be a vision problem.

regarding the wheels. They were specially made by Raceline. They are 8 x 18" BMW offset (15mm). The rears have 25mm spacers on them to bring them out to just inside the arch. The rear arches have been chopped away a good 6 inches or so so it could be lowered around 50mm. A bit more needs to come out before the hydraulics go in though.

Russ

thats not a tell its a paving slab lol

why did you go for 3 sets of 6x9s? surely the soundstage is confusing with two sets of tweeters? and the 6x9s ?

one last question how come there is no EQ on that list?

Tom

To be honest it could do with an EQ but we started out to see how it would sound without. It sounds pretty good but there isnt as much midbass as we would like so an EQ will be going in shortly. Also this will boost the sub preouts to 8v so will improve the db score with a bit of luck.

regarding the soundstage, because the rear is completely full of subs, its near enough impossible to create a decent SQ soundstage. Basically we have tried to make it so that the harmonicals and vocals etc are coming from the front with as much midbass as possible to compensate for the masses of bass in the back. We have it sounding nice now. Luckily the Panasonic heaunit and the amp for the front speakers have loads of adjustments so you can tailor the sound to suit certain tracks.

It sounds like you would like a demo. We could arrange one at Donny if you are going. Or if you live locally im sure we can sort something out for you.

Russ

Rob - It has been a long project. The original pictures were with a respray that looked like the paint had been put on by the sprayers dog. It was actually booked in to be featured in Redline for the end of January but then i had the accident. As soon as it comes out it will be featured. Fast Car and Max Power are also interested.

Dynamique Dick - The system hasnt been metered yet so we dont really know what it is pushing out. Obviously there is a big difference between 140db and 143db. The general rule is that a system has to be twice as loud to gain 3db. The Clio isnt an out and out SPL car though as there is too much build in the back to stop the bass coming through. It was much louder when none of that was in. There is about 2kw of power sharing between all 4 subs which isnt really enough...not for the Kickers anyway. What system have you got?

Yeah sounds about right im not to hot on the technical side of ice I just like it loud and clear!

JVC SH77R up top running the show ( soon to be replaced with the new JVC range out in two months i believe so i can play dvd etc)

Focal Poly Kevalr Components and Tweeters front and back

Genisis 5 channel amp the chrome ones top of the range not sure of the model number.

and a cerwin Vega 12 inch sub not sure of that model number eithier its the black one with the red rim around the speaker?!?!

I hit 140db with it ,at my dealers B&B audio concepts in wales but i kno wits hard to keep increasing after you hit a certain level. like i said you sound right and your install does look nice, thats what is up next for me an install and some screens.

Quite a nice system youve got there . I know which sub you mean. ..the ones with the weird shaped surround on it for extra excursion. Genesis amps are very good.We will be setting up a Genesis account shortly. If we can get enough people to put orders in for an initial order we can get cheaper prices. Its the same with Focal.

If you wanted a price on a build and screens when you get around to it, feel free to give us a shout.

Russ

russ,

i would love a demo at donny ony 66 days to go, hopefully my car should be ready to compete... where are you based?

Tom

We are based in Tamworth which is just north of Birmingham. If anyone lives locally we are willing to give demos before it goes into the bodyshop in a couple of weeks.

66 days is it..hmmm time to get things moving then?

Russ