ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

delocking

R26 230
anyone removed the door handles, looks and side strips and smoothed it all with a solenoid door popper, and ne pics??
Also neone know of a good bodyshop in birmingham region who will do dis and any prices??

cheers

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
heres mine, I'm in birmingham too,. Energized UK did mine and I did the poppers my self. Dont knwo how much it cost as I had everything done at once.

Mines a mk2 phase 1:

DSC01190.gif

DSC01132.gif

DSC01110.gif

DSC01113.gif

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
it was about £6k for the bodywork + kit.

It was in Brierley Hill, its by Wolverhampton now. Im not sure if i'd recomend them however,

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i looked into this very hard got quoted 2k for the work, as there is alot of body work welding needed.

tbh i thought better of it, plus i dont trust the wiring and if it f***s up you cant get in your car

click2.gif

180.5 bhp 172
MikesDman said:
Ummm..wen u de-lock the whole car does it pass MOT?

I would of thought so yea.

My driver side lock doesn't work atall - since some c**t went to work on it with a screw driver :mad: :mad: :mad: and it passed MOT fine - and its technically the same having a broken lock and having no external locks.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Demon Racer said:
I would of thought so yea.

My driver side lock doesn't work atall - since some c**t went to work on it with a screw driver :mad: :mad: :mad: and it passed MOT fine - and its technically the same having a broken lock and having no external locks.

Oh dear....tears at MOT time :cry:

Broken lock is not the same as no lock, like saying " I took the screen out because it had a crack in it" They WILL fail it. (if they are doing the job properly) Then on the other hand,if they did issue a pass and you get a pull, plod will want to know how you got it MOT,d and they will be all over the testing station like a rash.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I've had mine motted twice at different garages with no trouble whatsoever.

Whoever got the thought dehandling was illegal was very wrong indeed.

TVR's have this as standard.

I've been pulled plenty of times too.

Loving that euro clio,

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Sorry, but thats not true.

The MOT requires that the vehicle must be capable of being opened from the inside and outside in an emergency. The TVR has a catch in the wing mirror to accomodate this.
As usual, its a stupid law that doesnt actually say the means of opening must be obvious to everyone.

Check for yourself http://www.motester.co.uk/cog.html#doors

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
BrianR said:
Sorry, but thats not true.

The MOT requires that the vehicle must be capable of being opened from the inside and outside in an emergency. The TVR has a catch in the wing mirror to accomodate this.
As usual, its a stupid law that doesnt actually say the means of opening must be obvious to everyone.

Check for yourself http://www.motester.co.uk/cog.html#doors

TVRs have a button solenoid system afaik. This is controlled by the battery. There is no catch or anything, it is purely electrical, not mechanical as fair as im aware, which in the event of an accident (I'm sure power gets cut off??) are useless.

I have no system whatsoever to get into my car, except the remote popper, there are no buttons or anything to open the car in an emergency and I have got through MOT's and police checks everytime. I have been to very very strict mot places both times, I have previously been failed on an indicator bulb not working ( i know its a fail, but most let you off for that from what my mates have said)

A more strange tale, is Lamborghini's. Their lambo doors open right upwards, what happens if you roll it? You cant open the door? As seen in that recent crash in Czech Republic.

All of this is purely my experience, I have no idea what the laws etc etc are, i know SO many people with dehandled cars and they have no problems getting through MOT's.