ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dell Vostro 1400

A4 Avant & A3
Afternoon...
I've been looking into getting a new laptop.
I was aiming to get the 13" Dell XPS (Core2Duo 2ghz, 2gb ram, 128 dedicated gfx, 160gb hard drive, bluetooth etc..)

I've managed to get a price of £675 for that one.

But then i had a look at an equivalent Vostro 1400 & same spec but it has a 250gb hard drive) can get that for £463.

The problem being, is that i have never seen a vostro in the flesh.. do any of you guys have/have used one. if so are they very chunky & heavy (as they look that way in the pics i have seen!)

Also, the xps has buttons so you can watch dvd's/view photos without booting windows, can the vostro do this (i'm assuming not)

Just basically after any opinions on the vostros as a £200 saving is pretty good i feel.

*also, i might want to do a little bit of basic video editing, would i benefit much by having a 7200rpm hard drive??

cheers for any info