ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dell 1545 charging issue

52 172
Try this.
Unplug mains cable and take out battery.

Press the on/off button down and hold it for 20 seconds or so till lights flash.

let go, replace battery and cable, start laptop and see if it charges.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I had tried that a few months back when it started after doing some googling. (been living off mains power, and my older laptop has been promoted for portable use)

didn't seem to do anything at all, but i'll give it another go. Cheers

I just bought and swapped one of them boards danny on a 1545:)

I fitted it last night,

there are two types of boards though so best rip yours open and get the part number,
as I'm not sure if there interchangeable
the first type is for a circle charger and the second is a hexagonal shape charger.

My charger has a circle head on it and the part number is 48.4AQ03.C21
I bought this and it works perfect,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130617678439?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Thanks, ordered one with octagonal charge port in the description. Now to find a keyboard (it got wet from a leaking mk1 sunroof while road mapping)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
well the charger's been running the laptop for months, but something internal says it's not a proper dell charger (is it) so stopping it charging the battery to protect it. research said it was the charging board

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
placed the battery....no joy. Got a new charger (the orignial was giving the correct voltage) and it's working. Computers/electronics can f**k off to f**k.

DCi
I wish mine didn't have the hex charger, we have like a million circle chargers at work (would be nice for emergency spares ;))