ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Deep Scratch Removal HELP

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
right im f**king fuming atm because some little b*stard has keyed the entire lengh of my car today whilst i was at work! its on all 3 panels along the side of the car (wing, door, rear) and is quite deep in places - its quite rough to the touch and i can feel it with my fingernail. not sure if it just the primer underneath or if its the bare metal but its extremely noticable and i want rid of it as cheap as possible tbh!

it doesn't end there tho ...the little f**kers have keyed all the cars that belong to the lads i work with (about 15 or so). the gaffer has said we cant park in the yard as there is no room for the fleet trucks so we have to park on a residential street next to the yard! the street is obviously used by residents to park to but surprise suprise none of their cars were damaged! its just ours that have been damaged!! each one keyed along the entire length of the car! ...even the gaffers new volvo was keyed!

how can i get rid of this guys? i just need the cheapest option really as i have a baby due very soon! dont mind a bit of hard graft and lots of elbow grease!!

pics of the damage! oh yeah the car is absolutely filthy to:

DSC02047.jpg

DSC02049.jpg

DSC02050.jpg

DSC02051.jpg

DSC02052.jpg

any advice please guys, thanks

Renshaw

koi

Audi S1
If you can feel the scratches with your fingernail usually means the panels will need to be resprayed, not the news you want to hear...sorry

Ph1 172 + Combo van
f**king hell that would piss me off.

you could get chips away but it would probbally be expensive.

on detailing world i think it was there is a guide showing you how to repair the marks.
it involves geting a touch up pen and filling the scratch with paint then wetsanding back the excess then polish it back up to a shine. an machine polisher would make the job a million times easier have you got one?

Meg 230 f1
First F@#kin chavs divs got nothing better to do than destroy other peoples stuff, so gutted for you mate, maybe a really good pc might take some of them out but if its really deep then i would have thought you either need a company to touch them in, or re-spray

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique

nice on mate was lookin at a similar guide to this but had no pictures to look at. this makes it look pretty simple but time consuming. think im definitely gonna give it a go though ...i mean if i f**k it up THEN i'll call a bodyshop or summat!

can u recommend me any products?? ws thnking maybe Langka Chip Repair and Carlack 68 kit with german applicator and maybe some scratch x dunno...

thanks a lot fella

anymore help?

Ph1 172 + Combo van
never actually tried to do it although it does look pretty easy.

detailing world is your place though there is some guides and tips you will be able to do it just a bit time consuming.

if i was doing it i would fill the scratch with paint and wetsand with a really fine grit because you are doing it by hand the finer you use will make it easier in the polishing stage. but for products i would try farecla g3 maybe then g6 then a milder polish then an even milder polish to try and get as much shine as you can. good luck though but try and get more tips from people who have done it before as i am just telling you off the top of my head what i would do.

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
These people that do this need to be shot.... so disgusting.... would love to catch someone doing it to mine.... they'd have trouble walking again after i tell ya...

106 GTi
Will need paint. You may get somewhere with touch up painting and wet sanding but being metallic you will struggle to get it sorted as easily as you would a flat colour.

The problem with deep marks like that is being able to build the paint up proud of the damage they look quite seep. :(

Worth a try but you will pretty much be guaranteed you will need to get it painted properly.

1 Series Coupe
Sorry to hear this mate! It was probably the people that live in the residential street got pissed off with 15 cars parked along the road!

As above really, Chips away or a respray! :(

Matt

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
Sorry to hear this mate! It was probably the people that live in the residential street got pissed off with 15 cars parked along the road!

As above really, Chips away or a respray! :(

Matt

yeah sounds like it! think is tho we all park on the same side behind one another in front of an outdoor astroturf pitch. the houses are opposite and there is usually only about 5 or so residents cars parked amidst us, the rest are parked on their own drives! cant understand the c*nts!!

i'll look into chipsaway as a backup maybe

thanks

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
ARGGGGGHHH!!!!! ok so its been reported now to the police but i have to wait and see if the boss or the company insurance will foot the bill for the repairs! i ust know they'll come up with some sh*t excuse not to pay like "you pall parked there at your own risk!" ...its all b*ll*cks!

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
anyone got a rotary polisher (pc machine) and pads they could let me rent from them for a few days?? or at least point me in the direction of something similar to buy. could i just use the attatchments with an electric drill????

seriously?

Renshaw

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Seriously it'll need paint that. General rule of thumb....... if you can feel the scratch with your nail, it cant really be polished outwith a machine. It might be improved on slightly but thats it. Yours is far too deep imo, looking at yours its down to the primer!!! I have a PC so have some knowledge on paint correction

Mondeo TDCI 130
Depending on how fussy you are, recently my mates dad scratched his van, similiar size, we touched it up with a touch up stick, then 1200 wet and dryied it, then PC'd it, came up 90% right!

Only other option is the bodyshop!!

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
Depending on how fussy you are, recently my mates dad scratched his van, similiar size, we touched it up with a touch up stick, then 1200 wet and dryied it, then PC'd it, came up 90% right!

Only other option is the bodyshop!!

if i can disguise it i'll be happy for the time being! 90% sounds better than have that ugly scratsc down the length of my car!

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
I know the frustration. My front wing was keyed in the last few weeks.

I'm now looking into a repair job. Just trying to select a company which will do decent pleasing job.

Chips away? Many people used these guys???